Rear Stabilizer Motor DOA

ParkIt

I got stuck with a badly installed hydraulic rear pump, couldn't figure out why the back levelers wouldn't budge. The switch on the outside is mushy too - need to call Lippert since it was delivered and hasn't been moved yet.

DSCN6592.jpg
DSCN6595.jpg

It seems someone at the factory decided to just keep pushing the pump to bolt stripping the sheath and shorting the pump.
Nifty.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Parkit,

I am sorry to hear about the problem with the stabilizers. The photos you are posted are of the electric motor that operates the rear stabilizers. I would suggest you contact Heartland Customer service, calmly tell them the situation about the motor, and offer to email them the photos you posted on the forum.

Northern Virginia
That motor also has a breaker, I believe it is a 30 amp. Mine is an auto reset type but it would be worth checking as your could be a manual reset. Mine is located in the battery storage area next to the battery cut off switch.

Good luck,
John

ParkIt

That motor also has a breaker, I believe it is a 30 amp. Mine is an auto reset type but it would be worth checking as your could be a manual reset. Mine is located in the battery storage area next to the battery cut off switch.

Good luck,
John
We spent about an hour on the phone with the dealer service dept going over all the fuses, connections, hydraulics & electrical trying to get them to extend with no luck. It wasn't until I manually lowered the gear then followed directions on removing the pump that I could see where on the outside sheath was stripped, by the time I unbolted it you could tell it had been shoved in pretty hard but that still doesn't explain the switch inside the door being mush.

Dealer then told me to get ahold of Lippert - haven't heard back from them yet.