Rear Storage Comartment

94-D2

I needed durable storage for external items such as power cord, extension, gas cans, portable generator, fire pit and spare propane. I also wanted an OEM style look so a custom rear storage box was in order. I wanted it to look natural to the trailer and have the appearance that it came from the manufacture. I commissioned a fabricator friend and using my design we built this.

92”x24”x21”. Integrated ladder (relocated termination with all steel flanges), led tail lights, offset opening and 2 tone powder coat. Sitting on custom I beam plated frame extension.

(don’t really know why pics are upside down)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Wow - really cool addition to your coach! Thanks for sharing.

And looks like McRuff likes the extra shade it provides :)

Flick

I needed durable storage for external items such as power cord, extension, gas cans, portable generator, fire pit and spare propane. I also wanted an OEM style look so a custom rear storage box was in order. I wanted it to look natural to the trailer and have the appearance that it came from the manufacture. I commissioned a fabricator friend and using my design we built this.

92”x24”x21”. Integrated ladder (relocated termination with all steel flanges), led tail lights, offset opening and 2 tone powder coat. Sitting on custom I beam plated frame extension.

(don’t really know why pics are upside down)

I really do like those sort of projects especially since I weld and have my own fabricating equipment here on our farm. Nicely done.

But at least for now, since we have a toy hauler and can haul anything needed, all I had to do was put a rear bumper on ours that looks 100% OEM.