Rear Storage Comartment

94-D2

I needed durable storage for external items such as power cord, extension, gas cans, portable generator, fire pit and spare propane. I also wanted an OEM style look so a custom rear storage box was in order. I wanted it to look natural to the trailer and have the appearance that it came from the manufacture. I commissioned a fabricator friend and using my design we built this.

92”x24”x21”. Integrated ladder (relocated termination with all steel flanges), led tail lights, offset opening and 2 tone powder coat. Sitting on custom I beam plated frame extension.

(don’t really know why pics are upside down)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
Staff member
Wow - really cool addition to your coach! Thanks for sharing.

And looks like McRuff likes the extra shade it provides :)

jbeletti

Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
Staff member
Thanks for straightening up my photos!
No worries. Most times, it doesn't matter. But for your subject matter, it was straining to get the full sense of what you'd done when it's upside-down :)

Flick

I needed durable storage for external items such as power cord, extension, gas cans, portable generator, fire pit and spare propane. I also wanted an OEM style look so a custom rear storage box was in order. I wanted it to look natural to the trailer and have the appearance that it came from the manufacture. I commissioned a fabricator friend and using my design we built this.

92”x24”x21”. Integrated ladder (relocated termination with all steel flanges), led tail lights, offset opening and 2 tone powder coat. Sitting on custom I beam plated frame extension.

(don’t really know why pics are upside down)

I really do like those sort of projects especially since I weld and have my own fabricating equipment here on our farm. Nicely done.

But at least for now, since we have a toy hauler and can haul anything needed, all I had to do was put a rear bumper on ours that looks 100% OEM.