Rear Window Glass Broken - Any ideas?

If temperature swings were the culprit, there would be a lot of vehicles with shattered side windows in the parking lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great price! I had my small slider below the big rear window broken by a flying rock at my storage yard (another thread) about 6 years ago in Sacramento, and the mobile glass guy charged the storage yard attendant responsible about $250 then.

I thought it was quite reasonable myself - and even if he has to remove the entire thing - I thought that price was exceptional! Very nice man that a glass shop referred me to because the glass shop didn't do this type of work? Go figure!

So, if anyone is in Yuma needing glass replaced: John's Auto Glass (very low key) 928-782-4632 is who we're using. I'll report back after it's complete. He's also repairing the screen on the door my stressed dog took her claws to and adding screen to a window that doesn't have any (was missing when we bought the unit).

Daley07

Knowing how to remove and replace RV window glass allows me to remove and replace a shattered or cracked RV window: Starting with the window seal removal and the unfastening of the screws to remove the old window glass, measuring the old window’s dimensions to get the correct RV window glass. Lay the window frame flat on the ground or an even surface. Place the RV glass replacement within the frame, ensuring a proper fit. Position the edging to ensure its mounting holes align with the holes in the window. Use a new RV window rubber gasket to form a tight seal around the window.

Last edited: