Rear Window on 2020 Landmark

ILH

On our trip south, we encountered rough roads through Pennsylvania (really rough!) on highway 81. At our second pit stop we did our usual walk-around inspection and found that one of our rear windows had totally disappeared! None of the shattered glass went into the coach. Despite the angle of the photos, the bikes are not anywhere close to the windows. As the window was an egress window, we presume the latch came loose and the window shattered.

I called Heartland to enquire about ordering a replacement. I was surprised when they said that I had to order the ENTIRE back window set. Furthermore, I'm in the process of educating the parts department regarding regular vs insulated windows (ie double pane windows).

Has anybody replaced a back window? These are frameless.
20221101_150831_resized_2.jpg

RoadJunkie

Fire escape window is gone. It may have been left unlatched and worked its way out of the hinges. I would work with a glass shop to see if they could custom fit a replacement, including hinges.

rhodies1

What brand name is on the window. Manufacturer… maybe you can deal with them direct and by pass Heartland. So much for Heartland big write up about Customer Support and new large parts dept.no reason you can’t buy this section.

ILH

What brand name is on the window. Manufacturer… maybe you can deal with them direct and by pass Heartland. So much for Heartland big write up about Customer Support and new large parts dept.no reason you can’t buy this section.
I've determined that the rear window is from LCI. What's even more interesting is that there is a service document from LCI regarding bonding issues with the same model windows that I have. The document describes inspection and replacement procedures under warranty. My question would be... how do they inspect a window that now longer exists and how do get it covered under warranty?

LCI service document

rhodies1

I would contact LCI and explain your situation and that there was a recall procedure. They may step up to the plate snd replace. You have nothing to lose by making a call direct to them about your situation

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I've determined that the rear window is from LCI. What's even more interesting is that there is a service document from LCI regarding bonding issues with the same model windows that I have. The document describes inspection and replacement procedures under warranty. My question would be... how do they inspect a window that now longer exists and how do get it covered under warranty?

LCI service document
We have a BigHorn 3760, someone tried to break in and when they pried the glass on the rear window ( not the escape) the tinted glass on the outside blew from the center. The hinge and crank slide were broke as well. This happened last week. did LCI make these windows?

wdk450

Windows were originally made by Hehr company, that Lippert bought (absorbed).
I don't know if this was in this thread, but I had the same window on my 2008 Bighorn broken by a flying rock at my storage facility when the live-in attendant spun some vehicle tires in the gravel. He confessed how it happened, and promised to pay for the damage. I looked through the glass services listings online for the local Sacramento area, and found 1 place that listed RV's in the glass installations they serviced. They came out on site, made measurements of the needed size glass, went to their shop and cut the needed pane of tinted automotive grade glass, came back to my trailer and installed the glass by carefully wedging it into the frame. This was around 2014, (I think) and the storage lot guy paid around $220.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Windows were originally made by Hehr company, that Lippert bought (absorbed).
I don't know if this was in this thread, but I had the same window on my 2008 Bighorn broken by a flying rock at my storage facility when the live-in attendant spun some vehicle tires in the gravel. He confessed how it happened, and promised to pay for the damage. I looked through the glass services listings online for the local Sacramento area, and found 1 place that listed RV's in the glass installations they serviced. They came out on site, made measurements of the needed size glass, went to their shop and cut the needed pane of tinted automotive grade glass, came back to my trailer and installed the glass by carefully wedging it into the frame. This was around 2014, (I think) and the storage lot guy paid around $220.
Thanks, but Lippert will not even tell me if they supplied the window. I guess I will have to go through insurance and hope the dealership that does the repair can find out. I know heartland and Lippert have been absolutely no help.

wdk450

Thanks, but Lippert will not even tell me if they supplied the window. I guess I will have to go through insurance and hope the dealership that does the repair can find out. I know heartland and Lippert have been absolutely no help.
The local vendor MADE (measured and cut) my window pane from bulk tinted safety glass. No need to involve Lippert.

ILH

My replacement window required the entire frame (3 part windiw) to be replaced. It was a major job at the dealership. It took a good part of a day and several workers (weight and size). Insurance paid - about $1,500.