Redstone Arsenal MWR RV Park - Huntsville, AL

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We arrived last night about 9 and are here for 4 nights. Nice park (military) with HUGE concrete pads and nice shower/laundry buildings. We plan to visit the Space & Rocket Center tomorrow. Had hoped to do some touristy stuff today but looks like we're gonna be rained out. :(

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Kelly - is the park open to non-military folks? Nathan is moving down there in about a month cuz of work and is planning on living in the Grey Ghost. He hasn't started looking for cgs yet but something in the Huntsville/Athens/Decatur area is where he wants. The job in next to the airport in Athens.

2psnapod1

Byrd - Unfortunately it's not open to civilians. But we've stayed at an RV Park in Athens just off 65 that is reasonably priced ($25 a night) with full hook ups - Northgate RV Park. There is also an RV Park at the Space & Rocket Center ($20 a night) - it's very small and might be a bit tight. Hope either of these are helpful.

hoefler

If your up for it, drive up to Lynchburg Tn., the Jack Daniels Distillery is pretty neat to go through. When done with the tour, go across the creek into Lynchburg and have a whiskey burger.

2psnapod1

Hoefler - Great suggestion! Wish I'd realized it was that closer sooner. We're only here until Sunday and pretty much have our time alloted. I've added it to my 'gotta visit' listing!