Refrigerator fans

blmoore95

We have a 2016 T30, Dometic frig. We would like to install fans in and in the top vent above fridge. What is the best way to do this? Where is best place to connect them to the already installed power block inside bottom vent. . The more detailed the information the better and would be greatly appreciated. Pictures or videos is extra credit :)Screenshot_20220730-143446_Chrome.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I bought some 12 volt computer fans and just spliced in to the existing fan red and black wires.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just mounted them on a bracket in the opening blowing the air up. It will create a chimney effect drawing air from the bottom opening out through the top opening.

Peace
Dave

blmoore95

I just mounted them on a bracket in the opening blowing the air up. It will create a chimney effect drawing air from the bottom opening out through the top opening.

Peace
Dave
Understood, I'm needing the wiring schematic. Can they be wired to existing power block or do I need a new one? Does it just unscrew and open? Do I leave power block alone and splice wires and connect before the power box? How complicated is it? Thank you for your response.

Bogie

I changed the existing fan on mine (very noisy) with two quiet computer fans. Mine was located on a small bracket just below the top vent. Just used the existing wiring. Had to cut out and replace the rain shield to get in there. Here are some pics.

IMG_3470.jpegIMG_3474.jpegIMG_3476.jpegIMG_3477.jpegIMG_3478.jpeg

Jeff2886

Has anybody else run into this problem with the top vent of the dometic fridge in the Northtrail slideout? As you see in the photo the top vent is actually mostly blocked by the wall board that apparently not cut out when the trailer was manufactured. I am guessing this is why the fan wants to run all the time.

Attachments

• photo of board blocking top vent of fridge.jpg
    photo of board blocking top vent of fridge.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Refrigerators that are in slides tend to have poor air flow over the cooling fins. Many of us have installed a baffle to improve air flow over the fins in that compartment.
It looks like you have some sort of baffle to improve that airflow.

Peace
Dave

rhodies1

Norcold fridge units in the slides require this baffle. It is installed at the factory. Norcold stated that it is required in order for the fans to creat a chimney effect pulling the air upwards and close to the condenser at the top.
If you contact Norcold this is what they will tell you.
I had the same set up on Norcold fridge as well.I was by advised by Norcold to leave it. Last year I replaced my Norcold cooling unit with the Amish made unit and removed the baffle. It is not required for the Amish set up.