Refrigerator not working, Freezer is working on AC power. LP mode saying "no flo"

nswilson8

Hello,

My fiance and I recently purchased a 2014 Heartland Big Country 3690SL. We had some issues with our Kitchen Slide which we recently had serviced and fixed. Upon turning the refrigerator on to cool again we find that the freezer will cool fine, but the refrigerator will not turn cool at all. We have turned it up from the normal "5" setting to the max of "9" and still nothing. The light does turn on in the refrigerator.

We tried to turn the mode to LP to see if that would change anything and it quickly goes to "no flo" and starts the warning beep.

Any guidance or ideas of what we might do would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Nate W.

danemayer

Hi nswilson8,

If the refrigerator is in the slide that was serviced, and the problem is new, it's probably related to the service.

"no FL" would indicate failure to ignite the burner. This could be a problem with poor propane flow. If that's the case, it may just be that the servicer disconnected the propane feed to the refrigerator and didn't purge the air afterward.

Try lighting a burner on the range top for a minute and then retry the propane operation on the fridge.

It's also possible wires could have been left disconnected; perhaps to the gas valve on the back of the refrigerator.

On 120V AC operation, if the freezer is working well - around 0 (F), that's a strong indicator that the cooling unit is working well. So you may have warm air getting into the refrigerator section. If there's a flap inside the doors that closes the gap between doors, make sure that's moving into position correctly. Also check the door seals. And there may be a drain hose on the back. They usually have a loose-fitting cap that allows water to drain while preventing warm air from getting into the refrigerator compartment.

nswilson8

Thank you Dane for your response.

Yes, we lit the range for about a minute and the issue with the "no flo" warning still persisted when on LP mode.

I have checked the seals and there is no warm air entering the refrigerator that I can tell.

I have emailed the company that serviced the slide to see if they can have a look again to see what might be the issue.

Thanks again for your quick response.