Refrigerator won't work on propane

I have a 2019 Bighorn 3160SO with a Norcold mode! 2118. With the slide out extended it works with either propane or land power but when I bring the slide out in to travel it won't work on propane.
Any ideas as to why?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check around underneath when the slide is in. Look for a kinked LP hose as well as inspecting the wires.

Peace
Dave

When it is closed in it is so tight I can't see if anything is kinked. The wiring all runs through a plastic conduit and I do see any marks on it. I can only see the propane hose that runs to the stove and not the one that would run to the refrigerator.
What else can I check?
Steven

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
When it is closed in it is so tight I can't see if anything is kinked. The wiring all runs through a plastic conduit and I do see any marks on it. I can only see the propane hose that runs to the stove and not the one that would run to the refrigerator.
What else can I check?
Steven
Same hose. See if the stove lights when the slide is in. If the stove fails to light, like Dave says “kinked hose”

SLO

Like everyone says. It’s got a be something with the hose. Kinked or pinched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

You might want to check out this OLD thread of mine from 2012 regarding the rubber propane hose in the refrigerator/stove slideout.

I was finally able to see if the stove top would light when the slide out was in and it wouldn't. So looks like I do have a kinked/pinched hose. Curious as to why it wasn't like this when I first bought my rig.
Any ideas as to what I can use to keep the hose from being kinked/pinched?
Thank you,
Steven

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look at how it’s attached under the slide and where the pinch point is. You may be able to move it some to relieve it. Putting a section of plastic wire conduit over the area may help keep it from pinching too tight. My Bighorn’s gas line had a pinch in it and I was able to change the attachment points under the slide enough to take some of the bend out of it. Made it a point to check the lines with a small gas detector periodically to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk