relocate washer dryer hookups

j1mmy2420

2014 Road Warrior 415 with washer dryer prep in the bedroom.
Has anyone attempted to relocate to the garage? I hate the fact to have to haul the washers weight on every camping trip.
Currently I have the washer located outside and hooked up to the outside shower and the drain to the outside sewer drain. We are full timers, but we go on camping trips at least once a month. I was thinking of relocating to the garage and simply removing it when we go on trips. maybe put it on wheels to make it easier to move.
any tips dos and donts?
Thank you in advance

david-steph2018

On our 2018 Road Warrior 427, the hook-ups are in the garage. The washer drains into the rear gray tank, we have a 1/2 bath back there.

j1mmy2420

unfortunately ours has the hookups up front. I plan to attempt to relocate to the garage and connect to the rear gray, and move the kitchen drain to the front gray.

Dahillbilly

unfortunately ours has the hookups up front. I plan to attempt to relocate to the garage and connect to the rear gray, and move the kitchen drain to the front gray.
on our toyhauler w/ rear 1/2 bath, the kitchen & bathroom sinks along w/ washer drains into rear grey; front grey is full bath sink & shower. good luck

j1mmy2420

on our toyhauler w/ rear 1/2 bath, the kitchen & bathroom sinks along w/ washer drains into rear grey; front grey is full bath sink & shower. good luck
Thats the way ours is too. I would rather have the kitchen sink drain to the front gray with the bathroom, and the washer dryer to the rear gray or on its own drain.

david-steph2018

Thats the way ours is too. I would rather have the kitchen sink drain to the front gray with the bathroom, and the washer dryer to the rear gray or on its own drain.
Just a thought here, is it possible to bypass a tank and just run a straight drain off the washer hookup? Add another drain with a valve to close it when not using it, then just hook up a hose on it to the sewer. This method you will not need to cut into the rear gray tank.

j1mmy2420

Just a thought here, is it possible to bypass a tank and just run a straight drain off the washer hookup? Add another drain with a valve to close it when not using it, then just hook up a hose on it to the sewer. This method you will not need to cut into the rear gray tank.
That is my plan, but the main conern is the kitchen sink which we use the most, draining into the rear gray/black.

david-steph2018

If the rear tanks are the same size as the front gray, what is the concern? If it drains into the front gray, with the shower and bath sink, it will fill faster.

j1mmy2420

If the rear tanks are the same size as the front gray, what is the concern? If it drains into the front gray, with the shower and bath sink, it will fill faster.
My concern is that the rear "gray" is also a black. My unit only has 1 gray and 2 blacks. The rear is a gray black tank.

david-steph2018

Does the rear black tank have a tank flush installed? If not, you may want to leave it as is, because of having enough water to help clean your dump hose and make sure you have enough water to dump. Did I explain that right?

j1mmy2420

Does the rear black tank have a tank flush installed? If not, you may want to leave it as is, because of having enough water to help clean your dump hose and make sure you have enough water to dump. Did I explain that right?
Yes you explained it right lol. No my rear black has no flush valve. in fact we dont use the rear facilities unless were camping with guest. I would rather have one black and one gray connected to the sewer hookup and not have to worry about the kitchen sink filling the rear black tank.

david-steph2018

We use our 1/2 bath as a storage closet. Actually, when we had the MorRyde IS system installed they had to cut the drain from the rear gray tank. So, we had to rerun the drain line.

Ok So I cant figure out how to post a question can anyone help me I have a 3900SE Fifth wheel I bout it used it has a place to hook washer and dryer up but my question is do I have to run the pex line to the washer or is it already ran since there is a hookup?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok So I cant figure out how to post a question can anyone help me I have a 3900SE Fifth wheel I bout it used it has a place to hook washer and dryer up but my question is do I have to run the pex line to the washer or is it already ran since there is a hookup?
If the hot/cold faucets are in place you are good to go. But if you need to test just hook up a garden hose and turn on the water.

Peace
Dave