Remote for slide out

I recently purchased a 2014 Elkridge xtreme light E289 and I'm curious as to if it has a remote for the slide outs. I do not have the remote. How can I tell if it does have this feature before I purchase the remote?

Et1958

I have a 2017 E261 extreme light and it doesnt have any remotes for the slides. Just the switches on the wall. I know not the same model.

Garypowell

Just my opinion but with a remote you are tempted to just that….be remote. In our 25 years of travel I always had my hand on the switch inside while Linda was watching and listening on the outside. I have heard too many stories of folks not paying close attention back when remotes were first introduced to be glad we never used ours.

Dahillbilly

always watch from the innside when moving the slides, that's how I noticed the tearing of the flooring

david-steph2018

I recently purchased a 2014 Elkridge xtreme light E289 and I'm curious as to if it has a remote for the slide outs. I do not have the remote. How can I tell if it does have this feature before I purchase the remote?
You could call Heartland with the last 6 of your VIN and ask them if it was installed.

thewanderingeight

Just my opinion but with a remote you are tempted to just that….be remote. In our 25 years of travel I always had my hand on the switch inside while Linda was watching and listening on the outside. I have heard too many stories of folks not paying close attention back when remotes were first introduced to be glad we never used ours.

I use my phone as a remote for the slide. It's really helpful for standing directly in front of the slide as it goes out, or watching it from outside in tight spaces. Obviously, if you have two people this isn't needed, but sometimes my wife is busy with other things.

sengli

Even though the sales brochures might say your supposed to have that option, definitely doesnt mean you do. We bought an elkridge years ago, and it then too was supposed to have that remote feature, it didnt. Our big horn did have it, but the brain box is hidden in the walls somewhere not easily accessed.

centerline

other than for troubleshooting and adjusting, there is no good reason for a remote control feature on the slide out units... its great when working on them and adjusting them, but for normal use, they can only cause more damage than the convenience of the feature would ever be worth...

when traveling, inside the coach ive had cabinet doors come open, chairs tip over in the rear of the trailer, a bottle get loose and become lodged behind the facia seal, a coat fall off a hook and get behind the facia seal in the bedroom, and other small things that if I wasnt there, watching intently as the slide units when out, it would have been an expensive lesson as it ripped the door off the cabinet while the facia seal was torn loose from having stuff get between it and the wall where it seals.... and I always do a walk around inside and outside before retracting the slides...

but its an extremely cheap and simple matter of adding a remote if one has the desire to add another option that has more potential misfortunes than it ever will have benefits to it....