Remove TV

Jhnsh96

I just purchased a 2020 Big Country 3902FL. I’m trying to get to the back of the tv to hookup a HDMI cord for my Xbox. I have no idea how the tv comes off the mount though to access. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanx in advance.

thank you
joe

danemayer

Hi Jhnsha96,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Before trying to get to the back of the TV, take a close look on the sides, above and below for wall plates. There may be a wall plate with HDMI that's already connected to the TV.

If not, take a flashlight and a mirror and peek behind the TV from the bottom edge. You may see 1 or 2 screws that lock the TV mount to wall brackets. Also take a look at the wood trim above the TV. Often that has to be removed to let you lift the TV off the brackets, after loosening the retaining screws.

Here's a side view of how some are mounted.

TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg

david-steph2018

We had to do the same method as Dan said the first time. The second time I had to remove the TV I remove the whole backing board, 4 screws holding to the wall, with TV still attached. Like this I was able to use a drill/driver to get it off the wall. After that I could rotate the TV upside and I could see the 2 holding screws. When I was removing the TV I had the board on the couch to keep from dropping it.