Removing screen from side window on slide

ernest917

Any idea how I go about removing the window screen on the side window of my slide???

Thanks to my small dog, I need to replace the screen material itself but I can’t figure how to remove the screen assembly...

Thanks....

rhodies1

Usually you push them sideways to get them out. One side is spring loaded . Push and pull out at the same time.They do come out fairly easy

thewanderingeight

I had to push the screen to one side, and then gently pry the track on the other side as I slowly lifted the screen out. Not a fan of the design as it would be very easy to marr up the track or potentially break it if you aren’t careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Due to our cats excitement watching critters both at home and in the rig, I used Pfifer Pet Screen to replace flimsy OEM screening. Stuff is strong enough to support a 23 lb. cat climbing it on a doorwall screen. It comes with spline, but if you carefully remove the spline from your RV screen, it works better due to the smaller thickness. Using a pointed tool, remove the glue from the corners of the screen before trying to remove the spline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Any idea how I go about removing the window screen on the side window of my slide???

Thanks to my small dog, I need to replace the screen material itself but I can’t figure how to remove the screen assembly...

Thanks....
If you are talking about the windows that slide up and down I'm with you. I have 2 in the bedroom slide and 2 in the dining room slide and I've tried everything but a hammer and saw and still no luck.

BigFry

Slide the window up. Next slide the screen up the track a little so you can grab it better. Notice in the photo there is a "spring" on the left side of the screen. You want to push the screen toward the spring side and then pull out the screen from the track from the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpeg
    IMG_2536.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2537.jpeg
    IMG_2537.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14

CoveredWagon

Slide the window up. Next slide the screen up the track a little so you can grab it better. Notice in the photo there is a "spring" on the left side of the screen. You want to push the screen toward the spring side and then pull out the screen from the track from the right side.
Thanks. Yup that was it. 😊

taskswap

I keep a can of "window and slide lube" (basically just a spray dry lube) in my toolbox in the camper. Every year when I winterize I open all the windows and remove all the screens. I spray all the tracks and slide components then close everything up. Over the years dust and whatnot can get into the little gaps and glue things shut. A little goes a long way toward having a 5+ year old camper still work smoothly. There are a lot of spots to hit but I timed it once and it only took a half hour to do them all. Worth it.