Removing TV from wall bracket

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I have a 2018 Cyclone 4250. In the main living area is a large TV 55-60 inch. I am trying to remove it so I can add an optical audio cable so I can play my digital media player through the surround sound. It looks like when the TV was hung on the brackets the screws in the bottom of the arms were tightened to stop the TV from bouncing off during travel. The only way I can see this could be done is if the TV was installed before the cabinet below it was completed. There is just no way to get a screw driver in there otherwise. I hope I am just missing something and someone from the forum will know how to accomplish this without removing the cabinet. TIA

fastcarsspeed

I know mine is a 2014 but they used a thick backer board for the mount to bolt to. I had to unscrew that plate with the tv and all and then I was able to get to the screws.

jleavitt11

Mine also has the thicker backer board. I'll have to look again but I'm not sure I can get at those screws either. Did you just use a short screw driver?

I know mine is a 2014 but they used a thick backer board for the mount to bolt to. I had to unscrew that plate with the tv and all and then I was able to get to the screws.

fastcarsspeed

I used my screw gun to get the 3" screws out of the backer board. I believe there were 4-6 of them in the top and bottom of the board. Once I did that I was able to take the tv and all down and then I have a long phillips screw driver that allowed me to get to the screws. BTW be careful as they are on there very tight. I put in a articulating TV Mount along with a new 55" 4K TV as I wanted more control over TV Viewing angle.

LBR

When we bought our CY, we were given a flexible extension to reach in to remove the 6 "inaccessible" screws that you can't get to otherwise.

jleavitt11

When we bought our CY, we were given a flexible extension to reach in to remove the 6 "inaccessible" screws that you can't get to otherwise.

I thought of that and I had a flexible extension. Have you ever tried to loosen them with it? I wasn't able to do it.

LBR

I thought of that and I had a flexible extension. Have you ever tried to loosen them with it? I wasn't able to do it.
Yes...no problem...I just remove screws then slide the TV around a little on the shelf under it...do my wiring, ect then zap the screws back in.

I didn't have to, but you may need to break yours loose first, then put the flexy flyer in the drill for removal/reinstalling. Use the proper bit, a long extention on your 1/4" ratchet with a small socket on the end that fits the bit.

I will get a pic and post here later.

LBR

A 1/4" socket fits the butt end of bit to break all screws loose enought to zap out with the flexible one
e9e1b63a79f2b0c730e0528088b7c7b5.jpg

HOGHAULER

I have a 2018 Cyclone 4250. In the main living area is a large TV 55-60 inch. I am trying to remove it so I can add an optical audio cable so I can play my digital media player through the surround sound. It looks like when the TV was hung on the brackets the screws in the bottom of the arms were tightened to stop the TV from bouncing off during travel. The only way I can see this could be done is if the TV was installed before the cabinet below it was completed. There is just no way to get a screw driver in there otherwise. I hope I am just missing something and someone from the forum will know how to accomplish this without removing the cabinet. TIA

The TV should have a bracket screw to the back of it which is hanging on the bracket mounted on the wall and then we'll have two screws going up from the TV mounting bracket into the recess of the wall mounted bracket which keeps it from unhooking or sliding left to right you'll have to get the proper screwdriver or socket usually it's a hex and a screwdriver head that will be able to loosen that up and get the TV off so then the TV would lift up lift the bottom out and then up to remove it from the wall

EB3

The tv has two hook brackets with four screws.the tv is mounted on the top hook that is on the wall. The bottom is secured with two Phillips head screws driven up into the bottom hook on the wall. You need a long socket extension with the Phillips bit. Go slow and keep upward pressure. It took me 30 minutes to get one unscrewed. I replaced the screws with hex head cap screws much easier to put the tv back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beisek

I’m new in mine and trying to figure out if the mount allows the Tv to come out and turn. It looks like it should but won’t budge.

Dahillbilly

the mount we have there is a strap you pull down to release the locking device. Sometimes I have to push inward on the TV for it to release & then the TV swings out. We have a 2018Torque now sure if it's the same mount or not but I do have the two screws you mentioned above. Have you tried a offset screwdriver in those screws?

Skooter

My TV backer was attached with square insert head screws, 3 on top and 3 on bottom. I had to take the backer board off with the TV in order to remove the TV.