Replace torn wiper seal on bedroom slide 2015 3450ts

The top corners of the wiper type seals on electric bedroom slide are torn where top seal is glued onto side seals. Is there possibly a way to glue a piece of rubber seal over the corner, or do I need to replace all 3 seals? If I have to replace them, how do I do this? Thanks

Attachments

• F713CA06-BE6F-4717-8ADC-EA0E2470C814.jpg
    F713CA06-BE6F-4717-8ADC-EA0E2470C814.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 70

sengli

I had some torn seals under a slide several years ago. Rather than replacing the entire seal, I used MEK to clean the rubber and some car windshield sealer to adhere to the seal. I know exactly what spot you are referring to, but I am not sure how one would fix that, other than cutting and gluing the pieces.

centerline

is the end of that seal fastened down?.... if so, thats the reason that it tore.

the wipers must be free to swing in the direction that the slide is moving, and if the ends are fastened, they cant swing and will wear/tear at that spot prematurely... and in that spot, its not as critical as it would be if it were in the middle somewhere.

I dont know how to make a repair in that location hold for very long but normal tire patching will repair it, but the problem is in that spot the rubber flexes and bends in an odd way and any patch that you put on it will stiffen the area causing more stress in the same location as the slider moves in and out.

if it were mine, I would leave it as is until its seen to be a problem and allowing moisture to get in when the slider is extended. it could go for years without any issue, or you could try to repair it and possibley cause more problems than it has at the current time, which would then require a new replacement to be installed...

if its this style of wiper, which it probably is, https://www.camperid.com/ap-product...QwfYKjVtxXBzD0vq-65KhYQiEuCG6PyUaAm2rEALw_wcB , it is very simple and quick to replace the entire piece....

Re: Replace torn wiper seal on bedroom slide 201

Thanks again for all replies
is the end of that seal fastened down?.... if so, thats the reason that it tore.

the wipers must be free to swing in the direction that the slide is moving, and if the ends are fastened, they cant swing and will wear/tear at that spot prematurely... and in that spot, its not as critical as it would be if it were in the middle somewhere.

I dont know how to make a repair in that location hold for very long but normal tire patching will repair it, but the problem is in that spot the rubber flexes and bends in an odd way and any patch that you put on it will stiffen the area causing more stress in the same location as the slider moves in and out.

if it were mine, I would leave it as is until its seen to be a problem and allowing moisture to get in when the slider is extended. it could go for years without any issue, or you could try to repair it and possibley cause more problems than it has at the current time, which would then require a new replacement to be installed...

if its this style of wiper, which it probably is, https://www.camperid.com/ap-product...QwfYKjVtxXBzD0vq-65KhYQiEuCG6PyUaAm2rEALw_wcB , it is very simple and quick to replace the entire piece....

MyBigHorn

I am looking for advice as to HOW TO REPLACE the cracked WIPER seal on the bedroom slide. It's on my Bighorn with the forward bedroom.
Starting from outside towards the slide box It's got the SEAL then a flat piece of metal then the wiper. I am assuming that the flat metal is over the seal but I don't see a way to remove it.
Supposedly this seal is not glued.
IMG_3338.jpg