Replacement air conditioner brand

FARMER45

Because of a low tree limb i need a new 15000 btu air conditioner. Anyone have a good idea for a better one than Domestic I have a BH 2013

jbeletti

Because of a low tree limb i need a new 15000 btu air conditioner. Anyone have a good idea for a better one than Domestic I have a BH 2013

I have no experience with them but some like the Coleman products. Supposedly quieter and move a lot of air. Again - I don't know from first hand experience.

danemayer

If you buy a different A/C unit, you might want to first compare the installation requirements/instructions for your current unit and the possible replacement. At a minimum you'll want to evaluate the electrical connections and duct interfaces. I would not assume that all A/C units are interchangeable.

Westwind

There have been some improvements in RV air conditioners, I have a friend who put in a new Atwood Air Command in his Holiday Rambler 5th Wheel, all of us were really impressed with how quiet the unit was in comparison to our units. Should I have to replace mine that is the replacement, check into them.

Geodude

We were camping with friends for the last few nights, and they have a new Jayco 5er with a Coleman air conditioner. It's a lower profile than the Dometic on our Bighorn so it has that going for it. It's also quiet when inside the trailer. That said, when you're outside the thing is insanely noisy, so much so that when on a recent trip it was apparently bothering neighbours. Another friend with another Jayco, same thing. This friend is now actively looking for a fix for the noise. I would suggest steering clear of a Coleman air conditioner.

justafordguy

What Dometic do you have now? The last time my Dometic Brisk II was replaced under warranty (number 5) they sent a Penguin II. It is a low profile and seems a little quieter. It's been running for almost 3 months (a new record ?) without issue.

FARMER45

Thanks for all the information, I was looking at Coleman but it would require new thermostat 5 wires, domatic uses only 2 wires. Dealer thought they did not have as many problems. Hadn't heard about the noise