Replacement Tires?

jwcox

Is there a recommended replacement tire for the 14 inch North Trail rim? My Blomax (Flomax) are ready to blow!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Re: AZ Members Chat Room

Jeanne:

I replaced my North Trail towmax with Carlisle. They were highly recommended by Discount Tire and I have not had any issues. I replaced them in 2012 after 1,000 miles on the Towmax. I have over 12,000 miles on them and they still look new. Make sure what ever you buy, get the extended warranty and free tire balance and rotation. I rotate & Balance every 5,000 miles.

jwcox

Re: AZ Members Chat Room

Thanks Garry, I will consult with my Payson dealer. I don't have a Discount Tire close.

GOTTOYS

Maxxis gets my vote also. One of the only tires available with very few if any, complaints. You can get them online and have them installed locally...Carlisle doesn't have the greatest reputation from what I've read. They are recommended by local tire dealer because that's what they can easily get from their suppliers..Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would also stay away from the Goodyear Marathons . . .

I believe that they are the exact same tire as the BlowMax Power King . . . only with the Goodyear name stamped on them!

They do not have a good reputation online . . . about the same as the BlowMax tires have!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The OP has 14" tires, so the selection of the better trailer trailer tires may not be as good.

jwcox

Thank you for all the input. I believe the consensus is Maxxis for the 14 inch rims. That's what I'll try