Replacing outdoor speakers?

09Busaman

Didn't find the exact answers I was looking for in the search. The outdoor speakers on our Elkridge are not great. I found some marine grade Kickers (always been a fan of this brand) and the sizes are 5.25. My speakers measure 5.5. Are these a weird size or do the standard 5.25 inch go right in? Thank you in advance.

sengli

I know when we had our big horn, I removed one of our speakers from the exterior sidewall, to reseal it. I was amazed it darn near went (depth) all the way thru the wall. Be careful your replacements arent any deeper. And ya, the oem speakers werent all that great sounding.

I replaced mine on my last coach a Big Country, because the cones were flopping around.
I used the same brand and model because of depth and size restrictions.
2 months later the replacements did same thing.
The speakers on my present coach a 2019 Bighorn have loose cones, but I’m not touching them.
You are better off buying some Bluetooth speakers, then you can set them up anywhere you want.
Just saying, to save you the aggravation and expense, plus you will have a better, portable speaker system, that will run off your phone or tablet.

Hockster

09Busaman

I replaced mine on my last coach a Big Country, because the cones were flopping around.
I used the same brand and model because of depth and size restrictions.
2 months later the replacements did same thing.
The speakers on my present coach a 2019 Bighorn have loose cones, but I’m not touching them.
You are better off buying some Bluetooth speakers, then you can set them up anywhere you want.
Just saying, to save you the aggravation and expense, plus you will have a better, portable speaker system, that will run off your phone or tablet.

Hockster

Thank you. I have already ordered them so I will see how they compare. We have bluetooth speaker at home, we will use if this does not work out.

SLO

Hope the Kickers work for you. They are great speakers. I replaced mine with these.

But they are also 5.25”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

09Busaman

Hope the Kickers work for you. They are great speakers. I replaced mine with these.

But they are also 5.25”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Polks are good speakers! Thank you, that gives me some confirmation 5.25 will work.

09Busaman

Speakers came in, fit back exactly in the same holes. No modification needed to the rig and they sound much better.