Replacing side window assembly. Any tips?

wilsonxjr

So ... had a little disagreement between our new 2021 Cyclone and a tree. One of the side windows on the Cyclone (frame and all) lost and needs to be replaced.

I have the replacement window and am ready to get it done. Any tips on replacing a window assembly? There wasn't any installation/putty tape included. Is there a recommended product to use for sealing the window frame to the outside wall? The existing window is using some kind of foam tape.

Process seems pretty straight-forward. Just wondering if anyone has been there before and might have some suggestions on what to watch out for and a good sealant.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Trailer_Window_Replace_20210930.jpg
    Trailer_Window_Replace_20210930.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 28

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would use some butyl putty tape then after the window is in I would caulk the top and sides.
When you install be sure the drain holes are at the bottom.

Peace
Dave

wilsonxjr

Thanks to all for your replies. All very helpful information!

Window replaced and we're back to full strength!

Attachments

• Trailer_Window_Replace_20211127_Fixed.jpg
    Trailer_Window_Replace_20211127_Fixed.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 7

wilsonxjr

BTW ... the new inside trim ring from Lippert came with more screw holes than the old one so had to track down more screws that matched the existing ones. Couldn't find in a local hardware store, so ordered more from Amazon. Turned out to be a perfect match! Here's the info if you need it:
AP Products, 012-PSQ50BL 8 x 3/4 (pan head, black, square drive, 8 x 3/4, pack of 50)

AZee

Well, my new window just arrived after waiting 2 1/2 months, which I get. But the thing is slopped full of expanding foam that was used in packing it and something else, the glass part should clean up easy, its the frame and screen that is a bit concerning as IF some of it was foam it didn't cure out. No trim ring or screws, hopefully it won't be as long to get the ring, if I have to have it. So after the real question I have is does anyone know if you can just reuse the trim ring from the old window?

wilsonxjr

Well, my new window just arrived after waiting 2 1/2 months, which I get. But the thing is slopped full of expanding foam that was used in packing it and something else, the glass part should clean up easy, its the frame and screen that is a bit concerning as IF some of it was foam it didn't cure out. No trim ring or screws, hopefully it won't be as long to get the ring, if I have to have it. So after the real question I have is does anyone know if you can just reuse the trim ring from the old window?
Same situation for me. My window arrived before the new trim ring so I used my old trim ring temporarily. Worked just fine.
Note my post above about the new trim ring having more screw holes than the old one so had to order more screws.

Good luck!