Residential fridge not running off inverter

david-steph2018

Ok making some progress. I ram an extension cord from inverter to the fridge it’s working perfectly. I found the only hot wire (when not on shore power) running behind the stove and fridge but not to the fridge outlet. Not sure where it goes actually but I followed it from transfer switch to junction box under fridge slide then it disappears somewhere behind the fridge but it’s def not to the outlet. My guess is that they mis wired it because it should be wired to the fridge outlet obv. Any clue where this hot wire could be going ? I guess I’ll just run a new wire to the fridge when I find out where this one is going
Generally, the fridge is wired from the breaker panel to the transfer switch. Then to the fridge outlet, using the same cable run for the power, as when on inverter. If the fridge is working okay on shore power, then it should be okay on the inverter power. Which returns you to maybe the transfer switch you installed was bad.
Have you checked the voltage coming out of the transfer switch, at the transfer switch? But not being there, you may have something about the wiring issue.

antmo13

I followed the wire coming from breaker labeled fridge into the transfer switch then out of it and it does not go to the fridge outlet. Side note, on shore power the breaker labeled fridge(which is the one going into transfer switch) is not actually the fridge 🤷🏻‍♂️. I flipped each breaker and the fridge shut off when I shut off a random breaker not labeled anything

david-steph2018

120v coming out of transfer switch right now and 120v coming from inverter to transfer switch
That is on inverter power? What is the voltage at the fridge outlet while on inverter power?
On our Road Warrior, there are 2 outlets, side-by-side, at the fridge. Could the fridge be plugged into the wrong outlet, and that is the issue?

david-steph2018

This is the only outlet by the fridge and it reads 0 on inverter power
Then you probably hit it with the ideal of being missed wired. Check the other outlets in the slide out and see if these have power while on inverter. Sometimes, all the outlets in the slide are on inverter power. Our slide out outlets, were wired off of the junction box at the bottom of the slide.

antmo13

This is apparently the outlet that is powered by the inverter I guess they did Mis wire it and I should flip flop them

antmo13

Just swapped the wiring from the fridge outlet and the the outlet next to the fridge on the counter. The wires twisted a bunch behind the oven and drawers so I guess that how they mixed them up and installed them wrong

LBR

If you have cupboards above the frig, that is probably where the frig receptacle is...our resi frig is plugged into the right hand side, and the microwave is plugged in the left side cupboard. Both are single dedicated appliance plugins.

I was going to ask (before you posted the re-wiring) if your microwave worked on inverter power. If so, you need to locate both receptacles and just swap the plugs.

Piperflyer

Question: my inverter and transfer switch both check out as working fine. The problem is my frig receptacle has no power either on battery or shore power now. With the way Heartland wired my rig it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack for the wire powering the frig receptacle. Could I just run a new dedicated wire from the output side of the transfer switch to the frig receptacle and solve my problem with being on battery or shore power?

Piperflyer

First thing I'd do is check the wiring at the he receptacle they are a cheap POS.
No power coming to the receptacle. Breaker is also not tripped. Every time I have to fix something that goes wrong with this Heartland, I realize what a piece of **** this thing is. Would never buy another, Their workmanship is just plain terrible.