RESOLVED: No Water (stuck check valve)

probst

When RV is connected to outside water source, no water at the faucets. Using the water tank and on board water pump, we do get water. Was always working before, just stopped. Checked outside water supply, hose - they work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Re: No Water

Hi probst,

Sorry you're having problems. If you have disconnected the water hose right where it connects to the trailer, and there's water coming out there, but is not getting to your faucets, you may have a problem with the check-valve that's built into the water inlet. Looking at the water inlet, you may see a plastic piece in the center that can be depressed. It's job is to keep water coming out of the pump from exiting the coach through the water inlet. If it gets stuck closed, or breaks, it may also keep water from getting into the coach.

If that's not the problem, it would be helpful to let us know what year/model trailer you have, as components vary across the Heartland offerings.

probst

Thanks guys! I'm thinking it was the check-valve. Problem corrected itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westwind

Keep the check valve in mind, I've gone through two and will be purchasing another when we get home so I can winterize the trailer when fall comes, without it the winterize fills the drained HW tank (10 gallons). The last one I purchased ( 2 yrs old) was brass with plastic valve ($30) of course the internal plastic valve let go.
Hopefully I can find a plastic one that is half the price of the brass. Metal doesn't seem to like the well water at our snowbird resort.