Resyncing Lippert Wireless Remote

I recently purchased a Bighorn 3685 RL and it comes with a wireless remote system that operates the external functions of the RV, ie, Main Slide, Bedroom Slide, Electric Rear Stabilizers, Front Landing Gear, Awning, Lights and.......???. The remote died so I contacted Lippert who promptly overnighted me a new one. (We are on the road). Now comes the times to resync the functions. The problem is I could not find Where the receiver was to sync the remote. Called Lippert and they said call Heartland which I did. Was first told to remove the electrical panel at the lower end of the closet that also contains the switches that operate the RV. No joy. The was told to remove the main panel that control the RV and it would be behind there. NO JOY, frustration mounting. The told to look for a panel that is ABOVE the main control panel and I would find a out of place paneling that had two screws. SUCCESS. The little black button was there though hard to see. I set the functions as they came up on the remote and thought I was such a smart guy. Hit the awning button and the front landing gear moved. YIKES! Then hit Main Slide and the awning came out. So another call the Lippert who said call Heartland. Called Heartland to determine if they had a standard wiring for this system and if so could they tell me what went with who. They couldn't. So trial and error and I now have a functional wireless remote but I still have 1 function unassigned cause I can't figure out if it operates anything. Does ANYONE have an idea exactly HOW MANY functions are controlled by this remote and are ALL the Bighorns wired the same and if so can someone please send me their function list and what function goes with what number. Grateful! hancockwmrog@gmail.com

jimtoo

Hi hancockwmr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some help for you. I don't have the wireless remote on mine.( to Old) But you might check the outside lights,, Porch or others,, as I think one of some of the lights are controlled by the remote also.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M