Right rear corner needs repair

lewnae

Not quite sure what thread to post this question. We have an issue in the right rear corner of our Heartland Big Country fifth wheel where it is breaking loose away from the molding. Has anyone else had to repair something like this? Can it just be pushed back together with screws or must we repair it with something special?

danemayer

You could have water damage in that corner requiring replacement of some wood. I think I recall some repairs being done from the outside and at least one from the inside. Look above for caulking problems and all over that area for rusted screws indicating water damage.

wdk450

At least temporarily (to keep water out) you could seal it up with white color Gorilla Tape, or Eternabond roof seal tape.

sengli

That photo to me, shows the aluminum material they make for the lower sections on the exterior wall. Thats a red running light in the photo. Looks to me like thaat j panel has flexed, enough to have fatigued and broken away from the body. Your unit doesnt seem to have a rear cap on it. A lot of those type builds, have that corner between the rear wall, and the side wall leak. There is a seal that should be there, but like anything on these rigs that seal will break down over time.