RIP Non-Heartlander, Former Padres Player, and SDPD Cop Shot/Paralyzed in Line of Duty

wdk450

Gang:
I saw a news story on the local San Diego TV morning news of a funeral service for a former Padres baseball player who became a San Diego PD cop after leaving baseball (with a bad back), Dan Walters. Dan was a cop for 4 years when responding to a domestic dispute call in 2003, was shot in the neck as he got out of his patrol car, fell into the roadway and was run over. He was paralyzed the rest of his life, and died in April 2020 due to his paralysis. His service was delayed until this morning because of the Covid epidemic. A true hero. RIP.

Reactions: BST

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Gang:
I saw a news story on the local San Diego TV morning news of a funeral service for a former Padres baseball player who became a San Diego PD cop after leaving baseball (with a bad back), Dan Walters. Dan was a cop for 4 years when responding to a domestic dispute call in 2003, was shot in the neck as he got out of his patrol car, fell into the roadway and was run over. He was paralyzed the rest of his life, and died in April 2020 due to his paralysis. His service was delayed until this morning because of the Covid epidemic. A true hero. RIP.

RIP brother!! We’ve got it from here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro