RM3962 Dometic

Bobby A

Our 14 year old Dometic refer just bit the dust this morning, we woke up to the smell of ammonia. This has been a great unit with no problems till now. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can get the part (I think its called a cooling unit) to repair this ?? I appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Bobby A

wdk450

I hope you have discovered that there are You Tube videos for most all of these cooling unit remove and replace jobs. You Tube has its own search bar.

Bobby A

I hope you have discovered that there are You Tube videos for most all of these cooling unit remove and replace jobs. You Tube has its own search bar.
Well Bill, if I was gonna do it myself thats the first place I would start. I am gonna let the mobile tech do it, I am sure he has done several. I will check the videos before he starts so I can keep an eye and watch and maybe help a bit. The problem he can't get to it until next Friday. O well, I'm just glad I was on the road traveling when it happened, we are at least in our home campground.
Thank you

Bobby A

Update,
I am back in business with a new cooling unit. The mobile tech ordered it from Pines RV refrigeration, it was a new unit and not a refurbished one. I am glad I had him do it, it is quite detailed and certain things that need to be done to not void the warranty including pictures of some of the install. If I can get as many years out of this one as I did with the original I will be happy.
Thanks everyone for the input.

wdk450

You might want to consider an ARP RV ammonia refrigerator electronic protection device to protect your cooling unit investment and give it an even longer life. It cuts off the boiler when it overheats due to the RV being out of level when parked temporarily (rest/lunch stops), or on mountain grades, or other reasons you don't even notice.