Road Warrior RW305

Sandpirate69

I just traded my Jayco T29A for this model fifth wheel. Obviously its a toy hauler. Anyone with this model RV can assist me? I'm wondering if the rear ramp door comes with an aluminum piece where the ramp touches the floor and where the ramp hinge is located. Please assist, I have yet to take possession of this RV. If its an option, it will give me time to get installed.

What's the overall satisfaction with this unit?

jimtoo

Hi Sandpirate69,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

I don't have a Road Warrior.. but someone will be in soon to answer your question.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

ccupton

Hello,
No there is not piece. I don't feel one is needed. As for the overall satisfaction we have had ours for over 4 weeks now and love it. There are some warranty issues but Heartland was quick to have them fixed. We spent alot of time looking at all the brands of toy haulers and for the money and extras we found the 305rw was the best. We had to consider the weight and length. We had a second AC added to the master bedroom. All in all we are very HAPPY !!!! Welcome to the family....

Sandpirate69

CCUTOP,

Thanks for the update on the ramp door. I see you had or you wanted a second A/C installed. Does the single 15K A/C not cool enough. And what other warranty issues have you had? This will give me some reference points to check when I pick mine up. Ref. the ramp door, the leading edge that meets the floor hasn't had any problems with damage? I have a Polaris side-by-side.

ccupton

We had a second A/C added because on our last 5er we were always to hot in the master bedroom. The one A/C just did not keep the upstairs cool enough. As for the other issues we had a water leak somewhere in the coach (water dripping from under the coach). The wheel wells were not centered over the wheels, missing ladder to roof, broken drawer faces, awning out of adjustment and missing parts. The RV dealer did not do a PDI on the coach before we arrived to pick up our new rig. Then they tried to charge us $ 2,000.00 for the PDI. The PDI should be at no charge. Heartland pays them for that. Buyer Beware !!!!! The rear door has had no damage yet. We love our rig and would buy another when this one wears out. The Heartland family has been GREAT to us and looking forward to many long years with them. Welcome and enjoy !!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The moral to the story is....do a very good PDI when you get your coach. They all have some problems. Make sure that water, and electic is hooked up and check everything and make sure its works and understand how it works. So do not sign any paperwork or take delivery until everything is fixed to your satisfaction. A good PDI should take about 4 hours to do. Make sure that your dealer understands that going in. If they don't agree to that....find another dealer. HL payes them for it...and you want it. Do not let them charge you for a PDI. JMHO

porthole

Retired
You don't need the flap over the door gap on the Cyclones. Just another thing to cause problems if you did have one.

Sandpirate69

I just bought a Road Warrior RW305 not the Cyclone. But I have them on my current Toy Hauler and it keeps all the dirt from getting into the springs on the ramp door. Its just an aluminum flap that works as a cover.

rustyshakelford

We use our 3010 to haul our rhino. Check the height in the garage. We got the double bunks back there with the bottom one able to convert to a bench and it was a pain to get it in. Had to back it in, take the roof off and let air out of the tires. We removed the top bunk and changed the lift points for the hippy jack system. Now we have tons of room. We pull in with lots of room to spare. I might add a lift to the rhino now. 2nd a/c is worth it. If you boon dock, get the 2nd fuel tank. Double pane windows are worth it too

Brett

Sandpirate69

So the A/C doesn't cool the bedroom? Has anyone contacted Heartland about this problem? The vent system is Ducted, like my 2010 Jayco. I have a 15K Coleman Mach III on there and it cools great. Whats the A/C brand installed on the Heartlands Road Warrior. Did you have the dealer install your 2nd A/C? Thank you for the information.

porthole

Retired
The main AC does cool the bedroom as long as the heat is not excessive. Something to keep in mind. The bedroom is the upper level of the coach. The cool air will drop towards the rear lower level.

90% of the time we only use the ducted AC. For the other 10% the unit just can't keep up. Even when using dual AC's the front unit is shut off once the sun goes down.

Two AC's also help when you have guests. We'll use the front to keep the bedroom cool/warm and the open up the diverter to give max air flow into the main area.