Roof Leaking on 2 of 7 brand new 2017 427 Road Warrior units on lot. Known Issue?

freebird96

hello,
I am new to the RV world, but am strongly considering buying a 2017 427 Road Warrior. For a variety of reasons, this is one of the few coaches that makes sense for me and my 3 kids. Last week I took my kids to a local dealership, that had 7 of these units on the lot. It had rained earlier in the day, and 2 of the 7 units had moisture beading up in multiple spots in the living room, both in the same general spot (right in the middle of the living room ceiling). It wasn't a huge amount of water, and none of the coaches were plugged in to electricity, but I was wondering if this was a known issue that other people with this model had experienced. To say that I am concerned about buying this unit now would be an understatement.
thanks!

Lou_and_Bette

FB96, you stated "none of the coaches were plugged into electric" and that was the case when you viewed them. However, if they have the Whisper A/C system, were recently open for extended periods with a/c running in hot humid weather conditions such as being show coaches or during dealer prep it very possible for condensation to build up on the ceiling under the a/c unit. Since both were wet in the same place, I would suggest this is the case and not a roof leak. Lou

NHCelt

Or the ac units are not sealed properly and leak in the rain... Seems like a common problem with this new dometic ac unit.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

freebird96

Thanks for your reply, Lou!

FB96, you stated "none of the coaches were plugged into electric" and that was the case when you viewed them. However, if they have the Whisper A/C system, were recently open for extended periods with a/c running in hot humid weather conditions such as being show coaches or during dealer prep it very possible for condensation to build up on the ceiling under the a/c unit. Since both were wet in the same place, I would suggest this is the case and not a roof leak. Lou