Roof noise

CMK1970

Hi I’m new here so wasn’t sure where to post this. Might be a crazy question but..
We have recently bought a 2014 Landmark Savannah and loving it except for the awful roof noise! When it’s raining it is so loud we can hardly hear each other talk or the TV!
We are stationary at a campground and when any little thing hits the roof it sounds like a mini bomb going off lol!
Our other camper was a 2007 chaparral and was not noisy like this one!
Are we the only one with this problem??

Attachments

• F7FCB54D-B773-4120-A76D-E6AE547A6395.jpeg
    F7FCB54D-B773-4120-A76D-E6AE547A6395.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your roof likely has foam insulation. Fiberglass is a lot quieter.
I can hear when birds are walking up there. Wait till it hails, my ears are still ringing from a past hail storm.
You are not the only one.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

don't have a Landmark but like Dave stated above these rigs are noisy when it rains of anything hits the roof. I've worn earplugs at night to sleep cause of the rain.

CMK1970

Your roof likely has foam insulation. Fiberglass is a lot quieter.
I can hear when birds are walking up there. Wait till it hails, my ears are still ringing from a past hail storm.
You are not the only one.

Peace
Dave
Thank you Dave! I thought maybe I was loosing it but knew the noise was a lot more than my other camper!
We will be living in it until we get our house built so hoping we can deal with it lol

CMK1970

don't have a Landmark but like Dave stated above these rigs are noisy when it rains of anything hits the roof. I've worn earplugs at night to sleep cause of the rain.
Thank you! It seems to be a really well built camper so was very surprised by the noise!
We will be living in it until we get our house built so wish us luck lol

sengli

All of the heartland fifth wheels (big country, big horn, and landmark) had the 5 inch foam block foam insulation and aluminum structure, and it was laminated together to make up the roof system until like 2018. So yes, they are like a drum membrane, in that they are really loud. We have owned nothing else but heartland units, so I havent experienced anything but his type of roof system.

The current versions are built up with wooden truss's, and use bat type insulation instead of the block foam. And it is no longer a laminated build type either.

mlpeloquin

Do you have slide toppers? If not, the sound with rain is very loud. Rain that hit our Big Horn roof was not so bad. The slides were more than what we could take so we got slide toppers. Realy helped a lot with the sound made by the rain.

CMK1970

All of the heartland fifth wheels (big country, big horn, and landmark) had the 5 inch foam block foam insulation and aluminum structure, and it was laminated together to make up the roof system until like 2018. So yes, they are like a drum membrane, in that they are really loud. We have owned nothing else but heartland units, so I havent experienced anything but his type of roof system.

The current versions are built up with wooden truss's, and use bat type insulation instead of the block foam. And it is no longer a laminated build type either.
Thank you for your information on the roof! This would make sense why it is louder than our other camper.
Guess we will adjust because we love the camper!