Roof treatment?

JanAndBill

Getting ready to pull the BH out from under cover and do a good cleaning job on the roof. Any suggestions on cleaners, what not to use???? Also once clean, should I apply a protectant? Suggestions????

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Wash first with DAWN blue detergent and then if you want use the 303 Protectant. I have gotten the best rest over the years with this combo.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I was told that the roof manufacturer does not recommend putting anything on the roof material.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Blue Dawn, water, and a brush. I like to first rinse and lightly scrub with a medium bristle acid floor brush to loosen the dirt and sap, then use a softer nylon brush with the soap solution.

windviewer

I used the protect all rubber roof cleaner. It did a really nice job removing 18 months of dirt that had accumulated on our new prowler while it sat at the dealer lot unsold. Then followed up with the rubber roof treatment.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I use 409 spray cleaner and a bristle brush and lots of water on small 4x4 sections to remove the dirt and grime. Then I come back with a quick scrub using Murphy's Oil Soap to remove any loose residual dirt and treat the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

I use 409 spray cleaner and a bristle brush and lots of water on small 4x4 sections to remove the dirt and grime. Then I come back with a quick scrub using Murphy's Oil Soap to remove any loose residual dirt and treat the rubber.
I am not yet a Greystone 32RL owner, will be in a week.......... AND it's sat on the lot (consignment) since April, after you all get it cleaned, what do you treat the rubber roof with?
Thanks for the great information I've gleaned from this forum.

JanAndBill

I used the protect all rubber roof cleaner. It did a really nice job removing 18 months of dirt that had accumulated on our new prowler while it sat at the dealer lot unsold. Then followed up with the rubber roof treatment.

Which treatment do you use??? In the past there was rubber roof UV protectant that did a good job and wasn't that expensive that you sprayed on after the roof was clean. I can't seem to find the protectant by itself anymore, seems to only come combined with a cleaner.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I am not yet a Greystone 32RL owner, will be in a week.......... AND it's sat on the lot (consignment) since April, after you all get it cleaned, what do you treat the rubber roof with?
Thanks for the great information I've gleaned from this forum.

The Murphy's Oil Soap acts as a cleaner and conditioner ie treatment. A fellow RV'er friend only uses Murphy but I like to use the 409 first.

mbootag

I use regular car wash scrub with RV long brush. Rinse then use a damp sponge mop to apply protect all conditioner.