Route through Yellowstone

Piperflyer

I'll be traveling towing a 42' 5th wheel from Dubois, WY - Ennis MT through Yellowstone Park. Be taking RT. 26 from Dubois to Rt. 89 to Rt. 87 into Ennis in a few weeks
I'm interested if anyone has traveled this route and could give me any pro's or con's on this route.
Thanks

Manzan

You are going to have some steep, narrow roads to travel in Yellowstone. The road is apt to be very crowded and subject to 'bear jambs' (Wildlife on/along the road like bison, moose, wolves, coyotes, etc. People have to stop and take pictures. Often the bison use the road to get to where they want to go. All slows things down. Going through Yellowstone in the Fall after school starts is easier but that is all I can say. Still subject to all of the above.
Ooops, ignoring all the geysers, pools, fumerols, etc. along the way you will want to stop at and photograph along with everyone else. Easiest way to see Yellowstone is to park the trailer and take day trips.

SNOKING

https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm

Craig Pass

Yellowstone_continental_divide.jpg

ndmac

I'll be traveling towing a 42' 5th wheel from Dubois, WY - Ennis MT through Yellowstone Park. Be taking RT. 26 from Dubois to Rt. 89 to Rt. 87 into Ennis in a few weeks
I'm interested if anyone has traveled this route and could give me any pro's or con's on this route.
Thanks

Here is our route in 36' Class C and car.

Not to bad. You will encounter everything Manzan said and then some. We parked at Old Faithful and drove around in car. Worked good.

If you take your time you would be fine. Roads are little narrow but the scenery it worth the effort.

We actually camped in Jackson Hole.

Trip Map.jpgTrip map earth.jpg