RV Inspection

nutexan04

I've just purchased a Mallard Pathfinder from Campingword. This for our first RV. Should I get an RV inspection to help protect my purchase and make sure it's sound day one?

Bogie

Did you purchase the RV new? If yes, then your are covered under warranty. Before you sign off on it however, you should do a thorough walk through and make sure every system (indluding electrical, water and tanks) on the RV is in working order. Don't let them rush you through the inspection process. Take your time. Let the kids, if you have any, stay at home.

If it's a used RV and you have already signed the papers, an inspection couldn't hurt. It might give you some leverage to get Campingworld to fix any issues now.

Just remember, once you sign the papers (new or used), your leverage power diminishes dramatically.

I'm attaching a pre-delivery checklist that has appeared on this this forum before. It may help you.

Attachments

• Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist.pdf
    627.4 KB · Views: 15

nutexan04

Did you purchase the RV new? If yes, then your are covered under warranty. Before you sign off on it however, you should do a thorough walk through and make sure every system (indluding electrical, water and tanks) on the RV is in working order. Don't let them rush you through the inspection process. Take your time. Let the kids, if you have any, stay at home.

If it's a used RV and you have already signed the papers, an inspection couldn't hurt. It might give you some leverage to get Campingworld to fix any issues now.

Just remember, once you sign the papers (new or used), your leverage power diminishes dramatically.

I'm attaching a pre-delivery checklist that has appeared on this this forum before. It may help you.
Yes it's a New purchase and all the paperwork is done. We have an extended warranty as well. I will use the PDI when I pick it up tomorrow.

sengli

I hope you did a very in depth walk thru, and tested everything, especially the plumbing on your new RV. If you read any of the threads on here , camping world has a pretty poor reputation of standing behind anything especially repairs. As a new RV owner you need to be very handy and dont wait for camping world or really any dealer to take care of warranty issues. I had the parts sent from heartland to me, and I did the repairs if needed. First thing you need to understand is water, kills RVs. Make sure you dont have any leaks, via plumbing or rain intrusion. You will find your warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on, if you have a leak that goes un-noticed.

LBR

Yes it's a New purchase and all the paperwork is done. We have an extended warranty as well. I will use the PDI when I pick it up tomorrow.
Wish you luck today on picking it up and walking thru with the PDI sheet... especially after all paperwork being done. You may need to prepare for a few small battles down the road because of not putting together a PDI pecking list of things prior to signing.