RV Inventory Levels

Kbvols

It is amazing the current levels of RV inventory sitting in transport lots and at manufacturing plants. I work in the Goshen/Elkhart area several days a month and have been for several years. I have never seen as many RV's ready to ship even prior to 2008. In 2009 Goshen seemed like a ghost town now days it's alive and active. Great to see for the area and the industry.

jbeletti

Keith,

The weather in February and March was a huge setback for transportation. They still aren't completely caught up - but getting close. That's the biggest reason for the fuller-than-usual transport lots and mfr dispatch lots.

iawoody2

Awhile back I checked into transporting rv, s. The cost on my end for license and insurance was enough to discourage it.

priorguy

Awhile back I checked into transporting rv, s. The cost on my end for license and insurance was enough to discourage it.

I thought about it too but the expenses wouldn't be covered. There's no point if there's no profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkIt

Expanding on Cookie's link, the DOT started this mess last year with new regulations and rules regarding CDL's and other additional certifications in certain states.

Coupled with some of the best transporters who were hitting retirement, it's going to take longer than 6 months for this mess to be sorted out on licensing and special endorsements. In the mean time, those that could be transporting and making an income everyone could afford are stepping back until its resolved, and for good reason.