RW 429 - access to fresh water tank to sanitize?

pagarzia

I have a 2018 RW 429. Need to sanitize the fresh water tank. I know it’s 85 gal. And I have to add 1oz bleach for each gallon. How do I put that in. Can’t find the tank access other then through the hose filler?

LBR

I have a 2018 RW 429. Need to sanitize the fresh water tank. I know it’s 85 gal. And I have to add 1oz bleach for each gallon. How do I put that in. Can’t find the tank access other then through the hose filler?
Why not pour xx ounces into your empty hose, hook both ends up, and turn on water?

sengli

LBR says what the input method is. Pour the bleach into the fill hose and connect. Wow thats a lot of bleach! If you have a anderson input valve there is no other way to get the water/bleach solution into the water tank. I usually put 15 gallons of water in the fresh tank take it for a drive, let it slosh about....let it set for 24 hours or so. Run some water thru everything in the RV and call it good.

NYSUPstater

1 cup of bleach for 60 gallons for me and I just pour it into end of water hose attached to house. My 2 water hoses that are onboard of coach is what I attach to house/RV during sanitizing process. We are also fortunate enough that we have city water cuz the process calls for 120 gallons total. BTW, 1oz/gallon isn't right. Figure just a whisker under 1.5 cups for 85 gallons. Sengli is right if 1oz/gallon------ that's a LOT of bleach.

FWIW as well, I found/use just reg plain Clorox (non scented) that's used for the RV only. IMO, I don't trust non Clorox brand bleach as I heard it's diluted more.

hoefler

I f you use a residential style filter on the inlet hose, remove the filter, fill housing with bleach and hook up to your coach and fill.

mlpeloquin

Per "Water System Guide" add 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water. See page 20 of the guide. This can be found under Tools, Heartland User Guides, Water System Guides V1.2