RW 429 charging issue ?

rwdennis

Hi all , my inverter in my RW doesnt seem to be charging correctly , when the battries are down to about 50% (11.9-12v) if i plug the trailer in in only goes up to 13.5v , from what ive read bulk charging should be over 14v , am i assuming correctly ? what should i check first ? any other ideas ? i have 2 trojan 6v and 2 interstate 6v batts , thanks .. Dennis

wdk450

You need to establish what brand/model converter/charger you have. Calling Heartland Service with your VIN should get you this info.

Bogie

The bulk charging voltage of your converter is 14.4 volts.

Before looking at the converter, I would suggest you check the condition of your batteries.

centerline

if the batts are very low, it may take a couple minutes for the voltage level to rise, but with the 9875 converter, it should be quick.... and I agree to check the condition of both batteries, separately, and ALL connections, as its more likely to be a battery or charge circuit problem than an internal converter problem....

RickL

So if I’m reading your post correctly you have 4 6v batteries. If so, I’d start with checking the condition of the batteries individually. Also, I’m assuming you are running these both in series and parallel. If so, I’d recommend never mixing brands or sizes when running both ways. Your best performance and life will be all four the same and the same age. One bad battery will eventually kill the others. Judy much opinion.