Safety Concern with Screen Doors

rbd1798

We bought a new 2018 Wilderness 3250BS and on both the front and rear screen doors do not fit proper and will not latch. Front one is almost 1/2" away from jam, to where the rear screen door is about a 1/4" from frame. Wondering if others have had same kind of issues.

What did they do to fix this safety issue?

danemayer

Have you considered taking advantage of your warranty by scheduling an appointment with your dealer or another authorized service location?

NHCelt

Sometimes the metal hinges on the screen doors get bent. Give them a look and bend them back if you have to.

Lou_and_Bette

There should be some adjustment to the screen door latches that allow you to make them latch. On my current and previous rig I was able to do this.

rbd1798

I have tried to bend some on the hinges but did not work. I have scheduled a service call to get the help. Thanks everyone.

Lou_and_Bette

I have tried to bend some on the hinges but did not work. I have scheduled a service call to get the help. Thanks everyone.

On the latch itself, there are two screws that can be loosened and then the latch can be shifted left or right to achieve the correct spacing

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had to adjust the screen door latches on both doors of our previous Heartland Trail Runner and our current Heartland Prowler.

All it takes is a screw driver . . .

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020457.jpg

rbd1798

I have had the RV guy in Moore, OK check this and he stated that they will need to order a new door, due to this one was made fore a different trailer in the line up.

CoveredWagon

I have had the RV guy in Moore, OK check this and he stated that they will need to order a new door, due to this one was made fore a different trailer in the line up.

That’s the only thing that makes any sense. Glad you’ll get it fixed.