Sailun Tire Blowout

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
LT vs ST has been discussed endlessly, but do you care to share your thoughts?

Try discount tires direct.
I purchased 4 g614s had them shipped to Sheridan Wyoming. Great price 900 and change.
Goodyear warranty is 5 years to include body repairs if the tire fails.
Goodyear said the five years starts from your date of purchase not the mfg date.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
68fb4d7e12b31627c5fa5d55ef2e53bc.jpg
cfda25894dcd1ac48327a09557e26976.jpg

RickL

The normal difference between “LT” and “ST” is tread compounding. The biggest reason for the compounding change is to help fight scrubbing wear and to help extend mileage. “ST” tires also have less tread depth to prevent tread squirm, another reason the tread compound is different.

As to actual construction differences each manufacture may add additional components such belt wedges, extra belts, nylon overlays, etc.. LT can be used successfully in a trailer application without issues, however one may experience irregular wear issues, which you could also see in running a ST, if the trailer has misalignment or worn parts. The ST may in this instance experience reduced effects due tread compounding.

SNOKING

The normal difference between “LT” and “ST” is tread compounding. The biggest reason for the compounding change is to help fight scrubbing wear and to help extend mileage. “ST” tires also have less tread depth to prevent tread squirm, another reason the tread compound is different.

As to actual construction differences each manufacture may add additional components such belt wedges, extra belts, nylon overlays, etc.. LT can be used successfully in a trailer application without issues, however one may experience irregular wear issues, which you could also see in running a ST, if the trailer has misalignment or worn parts. The ST may in this instance experience reduced effects due tread compounding.

I ran Michelin XPS ribs on 5200 axles for 6.5 years and sold them for 200 bucks on CL and installed BS Duravis R250 for the next 4 years until we sold the 29' 12,400 5th wheel. The RIBs still had about 60% thread left after 40K+ miles. Both wore evenly and tracked great without any sway or squirm. They are all steel ply tires. The BS Duravis R250 was dropped and the R238 replaced them. All three of these tires have solid outer ribs without gaps to grab pavements in tight turning situations.

TXgearhead

Try discount tires direct.
I purchased 4 g614s had them shipped to Sheridan Wyoming. Great price 900 and change.
Goodyear warranty is 5 years to include body repairs if the tire fails.
Goodyear said the five years starts from your date of purchase not the mfg date.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
68fb4d7e12b31627c5fa5d55ef2e53bc.jpg
cfda25894dcd1ac48327a09557e26976.jpg

No Goodyear in the 17.5 size, only Provider and Continental. I called my local DT and they told me they couldn't sell 17.5's. Not sure how the New Mexico DT did it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No Goodyear in the 17.5 size, only Provider and Continental. I called my local DT and they told me they couldn't sell 17.5's. Not sure how the New Mexico DT did it.

Have you checked with Simple Tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders

Thanks!