Satelite Connections in 2020 Newport

ILH

I'm trying to set up a satellite connection for the first time on my 2020 Newport. The satellite dish is on a tripod. I've read the Landmark manual (yes, I do occasionally read the instructions!), and I'm following what I think is the correct procedure. The image in the manual indicates that the coax outlet behind the TV should have two connections; one for the antenna, and one for the satellite. However, the face plate only has one coax coming out of it (along with an HDMI port). As a result, I can't figure out how to get satellite signal to my main room TV.

On the other hand, the junction box behind my bedroom TV has two (2) coax connections - and we were able to get signal there.

So - am I supposed to have another coax connection behind the main room TV? Or am I missing something?

Two pictures attached - one of the main TV showing only one connection, the other of the bedroom TV with two connections.

20200727_101901_resized.jpg20200727_102131_resized.jpg

ILH

Well... I think I solved the problem. Who would have thought... the cabinet ABOVE the TV had additional cable connections, including the one I was looking for. Why it wasn't included with the others BEHIND the TV is beyond me. Anyway, I think this will fix it.

20200727_144211_resized.jpg

danemayer

Glad you found them. Combine all the floor plans with changes at least twice per year and it can be a bit of an Easter egg hunt finding things.

jbeletti

Well... I think I solved the problem. Who would have thought... the cabinet ABOVE the TV had additional cable connections, including the one I was looking for. Why it wasn't included with the others BEHIND the TV is beyond me. Anyway, I think this will fix it.

View attachment 64534

Ian - I believe the thought here is that most users will put their satellite dish and maybe DVD player in the cabinet above the TV. That's why there is power there and some pass-through cables from there to the TV area.

Are you putting your satellite receiver somewhere else?

ILH

Re: Satellite Connections in 2020 Newport

I spoke way too soon. Spent a few hours last night troubleshooting. Can't find ANY combination of coax that connects the UDC to the connections by the main TV. And believe me, I've tried everything. I know the satellite is fine - because I successfully got the connection to the bedroom - just can't get the connection to the main TV. Very frustrating. I'm going to have to purchase a continuity tester and see what I can find. What a disappointment.

rclogg

Our Bighorn has 5 connections in the UAC. Two for the main room, two for the Bedroom in a row and one for Cable on the side wall. We found this in the four lined up together:
Bedroom SatelliteBedroom AntennaMain Room SatelliteMain Room Antenna
We run two cables from our dish to the two for satellite connections, inside we hook up the receivers to the open port and HDMI cable to the wall which goes to the TV. You have to chose HDMI on the input of the TV to get the Dish signal
The Cable connection is all by itself on the other wall, haven't tried that yet because we pay for Dish.

Hope it helps

ILH

I picked up a continuity tester for coax - I'll be testing next time I'm away. I'll let you know the results.