—with Wally receiver—Good or bad

2. Dealer installed roof mount system??
—more capability for DVE, etc?

3. What about streaming systems?

thanks
Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumboldles

We had the dealer install a dish playmaker (different name when we purchased) system that is powered by the receiver. We have a receiver in the bedroom and the salon section. We like the Dish pay as you go plan used only when we are traveling with our BH. Only negative can be sites with trees that don’t allow southern sky access...only happened a couple of times at older less maintained parks.

make sure, whoever is installing, knows what they are doing...you want the technician with the experience doing this job.

Dumboldles

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
King Portable. Dish Network. I have it roof mounted but can remove it in a minute if there is satellite reception issues due to obstructions. Love it. Fits our needs quite well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love the ease of our roof-mounted Trav'ler. So far no issues getting signal, but we haven't camped in heavy tree-cover.

We installed ourselves. Not too hard to do, if you have a recent Heartland that has the wiring already in place.

esscobra

depends on how you intend to use - on previous tt had carryout mounted on rear ladder bracket- only 3 times in 6 years did I have to take down because signal blocked -
drawback of the portable types is that you can have 2 receivers on different TV's but can only view 1 sat at a time- so I added a second dish playmaker on roof for bedroom tv to be able to watch whatever I wanted - plan being that I was getting a fifth wheel and would keep 1 as a spare incase the roof mounted travlr was blocked- so after having my bighorn almost a year now- I have not had to remove the portable unit from closet yet and can have all 3 tvs watching different channels/sats and use dvr function. and signal stays better in heavy rains than the portables

I have dish at home and it is only 7 month per receiver add on for the units in rv-

so if you want to have more than 2 tvs or want to be able to watch different channel on different sat on 2 tvs - consider the travlr roof mounted unit

RV-Manny

I'm running a dish playmaker (on a tripod) and a Wally Receiver with Pay-as-you-go. Happy with it. We're streaming AmazonPrime on a AppleTV in the living room.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Direct TV at home so I purchased a home dish. Modified it so the RF receivers and it's mount could be removed for travel. Made a dish stand out of PVC pipe and am able to pack everything into a small plastic box including the RF cable and satellite finder (Bull Dog). Sets up fast and can receive the signal almost anywhere. The only site I had trouble with was in Goshen. Set between a metal building and another fifth wheel. I still managed to get a signal, but took some time to maneuver it around. One tight small spot to get a signal through. If we change to Dish, I will do the same. Dish is easier to get the signal from. When we had a standard def dish and a low cost satellite finder, I would find the Dish satellite and turn the dish left and then down and find the Direct TV satellite every time. Dish will soon be high def on all channels, so I have heard, and my home dish needs to be moved do to trees. If Dish doesn't want to move it for free, I will switch. Twice I asked and they did not want to, so spring will tell. which service I will have.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a Trav'ler with Dish network. Right now we are experiencing signal issues with the trav'ler and will probably replace it with another one. It's very convenient. We have a Hopper2 with sling which has 3 three tuners. We can watch difference programs on the tv's with no problem. We also have a wireless joey connected to bedroom tv and splits to basement tv.

Trees can be a problem but we usually ask for a site without trees.

roswald

Thanks all for the help.

Bought a King and Wally, but a bit confused on how to connect Wally to TV--there are a number of cables and outlets/connections in the cabinet above the TV. One free HDMI cord that seems to go to TV, but find 2 HDMI cords connected to back of set. Also a R<Y<G< connector.

---Appears to be easy connection of the king to the connector in the basement--just can't figure out the connections inside the coach

Will ask dealer for some guidance--they have been very good so far (General RV, Dover, FL)

Novices trying to get it all figured out

Rich

2018 Landmark 365 Newport
2018 Chevy HC DRW

danemayer

Thanks all for the help.

Bought a King and Wally, but a bit confused on how to connect Wally to TV--there are a number of cables and outlets/connections in the cabinet above the TV. One free HDMI cord that seems to go to TV, but find 2 HDMI cords connected to back of set. Also a R<Y<G< connector.

---Appears to be easy connection of the king to the connector in the basement--just can't figure out the connections inside the coach

Will ask dealer for some guidance--they have been very good so far (General RV, Dover, FL)

Novices trying to get it all figured out

Rich

2018 Landmark 365 Newport
2018 Chevy HC DRW
Hi Rich,

For help on the connections, check out page 50 of our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide Mid 2017.

roswald

Thanks--will do that--glanced in the manual, but missed that info.

- - - Updated - - -

If using a KING portable, do you jumper the connections in the UDC same as would with roof mount?

danemayer

Thanks--will do that--glanced in the manual, but missed that info.

- - - Updated - - -

If using a KING portable, do you jumper the connections in the UDC same as would with roof mount?

The UDC jumpers only get used with a roof mount as the jumpers connect the coax that goes to the roof to the coax going to the TV locations.

danemayer

So direct connect the KING to the inlet to the living room or bedroom?

Yes, depending on where you locate the receiver.

Some dishes have 1 coax output. Others have 2. If yours has 2 outputs, you could run wires to both UDC connections. But usually you have to have a separate receiver in each location, just as you would at home.

Before trying to use the RV coax, connect the dish directly to the back of the receiver and get it working. Then try out the RV wiring. That way if you have any problems with any of the components, it'll be less confusing.

roswald

Got it--run the feed through a window to Wally and then to TV

- - - Updated - - -

Going to put the Wally in the cabinet above the TV where all of the connections and HDMI, RYG stuff is
Figure can use the HDMI that is there to go to TV??

busted2341

I have the same type system but how do you stream without internet or is it through the dish service?

I'm running a dish playmaker (on a tripod) and a Wally Receiver with Pay-as-you-go. Happy with it. We're streaming AmazonPrime on a AppleTV in the living room.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

MikeR

I have the same type system but how do you stream without internet or is it through the dish service?
To stream TV programs you have to have an internet connection. This could come from your cell phone service with a hot spot or using your cell phone as a hot spot. You'll need lots of available data to stream programs.