Satellite TV question for 2018 RW 427

david-steph2018

Alright I hooked up the Pathway 2 to the Wally (direct) and had it working good. Went to hook up using UDC and can not get it to work. What I found after I pulled the tv and back board off is the cable coming in is gray. Pulled the UDC connection and the cable is orange. So I am thinking there is a splice or splitter in line somewhere.
Before I hooked up tried trace wires using a
Klein Tools VDV512-058 Coax Explorer Plus Tester. The line to the bedroom was okay. The line to the living room tv showed open. Could there be a splitter in the line and it was not hooked up? How hard will it be to run a new line from UDC to living room?
Any thoughts were the splitter might be located to see if it is unhooked before I try to pull a new line?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

osims

bsims
If the TV is in a slide, I would look underneath the slide and find the coax, there is a connector under the trailer right inside the underbelly. Out of my three Heartlands two of them had bad connections at that point.

david-steph2018

No not yet. The Road Warrior is at Affinity RV getting repairs done at this time. When we get it back I will need to get under and try to trace the wire to find the splitter. It is probably something as simple as not being hooked up.

david-steph2018

Thanks for the diagram. When I get the Road Warrior back and it warms up I am going to rewire it for a straight run without any connectors in line.