Satellite TV

danemayer

We have DirecTV at home and take the system with us on the road all the time. As for locals I use the DTV app to find the location of the local TV stations and raise the OTA antenna for local station access. Just switch inputs on the TV to watch the local stations. The exception is no local station access on the bedroom TV because of the coax switch over in the front closet. But that doesn't affect the living room TV.
Some people add an A-B switch for the coax feed to the bedroom TV so it's easy to switch between satellite and antenna.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another option for local channels when using DirecTV is installing a DirecTV Off-Air TV Tuner.
This allows reception of locals from the antenna that you will be able to set up and record local channels on your DirecTV DVR.
Works seamlessly with the DVR.
If you have a Genie or other whole home system you will be able to view through any client in your rig.

Peace
Dave

farside291

I have often wondered why they didn't put both feeds in the bedroom like the living room. Sure would have made things more convenient. One connection to the satellite box and one to the antenna in on the television. No switching of coax.

danemayer

I have often wondered why they didn't put both feeds in the bedroom like the living room. Sure would have made things more convenient. One connection to the satellite box and one to the antenna in on the television. No switching of coax.
Some satellite receivers have HDMI output only. Some have COAX output only. Some have both.

What to do?