Schematic or wiring diagram?

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Is it possible to obtain a schematic or wiring diagram for our rigs?

I had an electrical problem on our BC which did not allow us to use the wall switch to extend/retract the slides. (We could control the slides using the remote dongle, or from the switch near the hydraulic pump.)

Pulled the DPDT switch from the wall and it tested fine. Looking for voltage (which I expected on the red wire at the center common switch connector), I found none.

Initially I (mistakenly) expected the problem might lie in the wiring to the remote relay board, and I was minutes away from tearing woodwork apart to access that board which is entombed behind the switch/control cluster on the wall by the stairs.

But that didn't "seem right", so I started poking around in the vicinity of the hydraulic pump solenoid, thinking maybe a loose wire up there.

Here is a view of that area, with the solenoid partially hidden behind some protective corrugated cable ducting.

Solenoid-1.jpg

Peeling that duct back to see the connections, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but an inappropriately hidden (blown) 10-amp fuse. If we were supplied with a wiring diagram/schematic, it would have taken me about 3 minutes to find this problem, instead of several weeks of frustration and (nearly) destroying woodwork to try to find the issue.

Solenoid-2.jpg

Attachments

• Solenoid 1.jpg
    Solenoid 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

danemayer

Our owner-written Electrical User Guide may be as close as you'll get to a diagram or schematic. Page 32 shows a block diagram covering most of the components of the levelup system. It shows power going to the dual polarity Trombetta, and from there to the switch, and back to the Trombetta. That might have gotten you to the Trombetta wiring where you located the fuse.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Our owner-written Electrical User Guide may be as close as you'll get to a diagram or schematic. Page 32 shows a block diagram covering most of the components of the levelup system. It shows power going to the dual polarity Trombetta, and from there to the switch, and back to the Trombetta. That might have gotten you to the Trombetta wiring where you located the fuse.

Thanks, Dan.