Schwintek Slide Out

RobertaPF

We have a 2017 Big Country 3965 DSS. The large bedroom slide out is out of alignment. The top of the slide out is in but the bottom is out. The slide is a Schwintek. It made a clunking noise as it was being retracted. We are hoping it is something that can be easily fixed without spending time in the shop. The RV has been garaged for about two years. Next month is supposed to be our first trip in two years. Any help with a diagnosis is appreciated.Slide out.jpg

Bogie

This video from Lippert discuss how to re-time a Schwintech slide. Looks like the slide frame has to be removed to re-time.
The clunking sound you describe would be concerning. If you try do tackle this yourself, you may want to carefully inspect the rack and gear for worn/broken parts.

NYSUPstater

Robert,
Not only is the bottom of slide out, it appears that it's just the front portion of the slide that's out, like out of alignment based of pic. Sorry cannot help you on how to get things righted around, but we have the same system on our 3560SS that I lube 1x a year. Report back what you found/did.

Grums

Can you please update about your slide repair? Ours on our brand new 3560ss that we purchased in May, failed in July after only using 7 days. Has been in the shop ever since while Heartland orders, reorders, loses order etc. Still now new motor received as yet. Very very displeased.

NYSUPstater

Knock on wood we've been fortunate by not having any issues w/ the Schwinteks on our 3560SS. I did post/inquire as to wether or not anyone has heard or used a product called Vroom Slide System that essentially replaces the Schwintek with what seems a more robust product. Doesn't look to be cheap in cost, yet seems to be very stout. A very big drawback as of now (IMO) is that it's only installed at their HQ in AZ/NV area. I apply 1x a year a lube for all the Schwinnies each spring.