screen door handle

aatauses

Hi everyone,
we have a 2010 HL 3670 Bighorn and need a new screen door handle--thinking no big deal, go buy one--I did, however when I did remove the old one I found out it is not flat on the back but has an off-set to fit in a groove in the door. I cannot find one in any rv store with the off set---HL was not sure they could easily find the mfg so thought I would ask if anyone has replaced theirs with this odd off-set on the back? From the front it looks like all the others on the shelf at an rv store.
thanks
al currently in az

rjr6150

Give Lippert a call sku #201472. Had to order one last summer when granddaughter decided to hang on it������

aatauses

Woops---just checked Lippert web and then called--they said theirs were flat on the back and that will not fit properly---I may?? end up either slicing into the back of a new one or grinding off the lip on the door---would appreciate any other suggestions.
al

rjr6150

If I remember correctly when looking last summer camping world carried the offset one. You might check their website.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If I remember correctly when looking last summer camping world carried the offset one. You might check their website.

Ironically, I was just at the Longmont Camping World this afternoon and looked at the screen door supplies.

aatauses

JohnD,
When you were at Camping world, did you happen to find a door handle with an off set in the back? I had looked here outside of Phoenix with no luck, they were all flat on the back.
thanks
al

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
JohnD,
When you were at Camping world, did you happen to find a door handle with an off set in the back? I had looked here outside of Phoenix with no luck, they were all flat on the back.
thanks
al

I didn't look that close at the door handles to see if they were flat on the back.

I was looking at those door holder latch thingies (like these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/6-inch-plastic-t-entry-door-holder-white/49608 ) to hold the door open as the gas strut setup on ours keeps pulling out of the screw holes and the warranty fix the dealership came up with was to just replace the gas strut, but use the same screws and mounts that keep pulling out. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll be going up there again in the next week or so . . . so I'll try and look then.

Do you have a photo of the latch in question?