Screen door mods.

eddylives

So we just traded up to a new camper and from past experience I did my first screen door mod before the dogs had a chance to wreck the lower screen.
I picked up some 1/8 inch clear lexan and installed it up the door to a level about 10 inches above door handle section. A relatively easy task as long as the measurements are taken accurately and cut accordingly.
This saved the screen within the first hour and I kept my sanity lol.......little dogs jump around a little too much it seems.
The only drawback is the rattle of the lexan in the slots when opening/closing the door but we can live with that hehe.

The second mod is installing the camco screen door handle inside.
The first trip out it was noticeably missing as there is no place to pull the door closed when standing inside and hooking fingernails or sliding the panel open wore thin quickly lol.

Does camco supply the screen doors to trailer manufacturers?
You would think that when you drop a small fortune on a new unit these things would not be extras lol.

richheck

Seasoned Member
So we just traded up to a new camper and from past experience I did my first screen door mod before the dogs had a chance to wreck the lower screen.
I picked up some 1/8 inch clear lexan and installed it up the door to a level about 10 inches above door handle section. A relatively easy task as long as the measurements are taken accurately and cut accordingly.
This saved the screen within the first hour and I kept my sanity lol.......little dogs jump around a little too much it seems.
The only drawback is the rattle of the lexan in the slots when opening/closing the door but we can live with that hehe.

The second mod is installing the camco screen door handle inside.
The first trip out it was noticeably missing as there is no place to pull the door closed when standing inside and hooking fingernails or sliding the panel open wore thin quickly lol.

Does camco supply the screen doors to trailer manufacturers?
You would think that when you drop a small fortune on a new unit these things would not be extras lol.

I found that by stuffing a small continuous string around the perimeter of the screen insert quietes it greatly

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have cut and put Plexiglas onto the screen door on our last 4 campers and love it. On this last one we took the door off the camper and had an auto window tinting company to put a dark film onto the Plexiglas. Really like being able to have the door open but the sun blocked.
screen door tinted 6-'15.jpg

eddylives

We have cut and put Plexiglas onto the screen door on our last 4 campers and love it. On this last one we took the door off the camper and had an auto window tinting company to put a dark film onto the Plexiglas. Really like being able to have the door open but the sun blocked.
View attachment 51797
Now that looks sweet