Screen door weather stripping expansion---sticking at door threshold

This is kind of a strange problem. If anyone has any similar experience and / or suggestions, please, by all means, chime in. Lately, especially after a rain event followed by freezing air temps, the 'brush' like weather stripping on the bottom of the screen door collects the moisture from the rain event and then the freezing temps will create an ice dam to the extent that the door will not open, it is literally frozen to the moisture at the bottom of the door. The primary door opens without any problems, but when I pull on the screen door, the top and sides release as expected, however, the bottom is locked in place by the ice. Holding a hair dryer against the threshold exterior for a few minutes melts the ice to the extent that the door will function; the brush like material is very wet and I do not believe it has actually be completely dry for several months. The camper has been used extensively by visiting family members over the last several weeks. All of our hosting is over and I just finished winterizing the camper so it is not like this is going to be an on going issue; however, it seems like a bizarre problem and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar concerns. I tried to remove the weather stripping from the bottom of the screen door hoping to let it sit out in the sunshine for a few days to dry out but it does not appear to come out without some door disassembly; not something I am willing to try for fear of jacking it up so it won't work at all. Short of waiting for warm weather and leaving the doors open to let the brush material dry out, I'm open to suggestions for resolution.
Thank you,
Scott

jimtoo

Hi Scott,

I can't help you with the freeze problem since I live in South Texas, (actually I can... move to South Texas) but hopefully some of out other members will jump in soon. :)

Moving thread to better area also.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

I would check the weatherstripping on your main door. Sounds like cold air is coming in from the bottom of the door causing the condensation to freeze up....Don