Seam Repair on Top Edge of Slide

RVFun4Us

IMG_3226.JPGIMG_3225.JPG
Just noticed that I have a small separation on the top edge of my entertainment slide below the slide topper. Was wondering what would be the best way to repair this? Don't know if I should use a caulk or maybe eternabond tape or something else. Appreciate any feedback.

mlpeloquin

Eternabond tape. Do remove the trim and make sure you do not have a water penetration problem. Make sure the screws are tight and show no signs of rust. Put some calking in the screw hole to make sure it is water tight. The head of the screw should have a small amount of calking around it. If the screw is loose and cannot be tightened, drill the hole out the size of a wooden dowel. Epoxy the dowel in. When reinstalling the trim, calk the entire inside trim top and each screw hole. You will not have a water penetration problem there again.

RVFun4Us

OK, thanks everyone for the suggestion to use Eternabond tape. Figured that would be the answer. Seems like that would also be great on the roof seams along the edges. Once done, probably would not have to do again, according to literature I have read on Eternabond tape.