Searching for mysterious leak! Help!!

areev09

Hello, first time full timer, I live in a 2019 Heartland Big Country 4010RD. Have been loving it, however I’m running into my first winter freeze and plumbing issues.

We had a hard freeze and now I have a concerning leak in the closet and the carpet right outside of the closet in the front sleeper area. I’ve had one maintenance person come out and try and track it down but could not find it. He did however put a very generous line of sealant around the front cap just in case but I still continue to have a leak. Hoping someone can possibly give me some ideas as to where to look!

Attached is where the leak is inside of the closet and right outside of it with an idea of much water I’ve pulled using a vacuum. Please if anyone can give me an idea on where to look.

Attachments

• 3B4075DC-4308-442F-9501-3A04C1C0138A.jpeg
    3B4075DC-4308-442F-9501-3A04C1C0138A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • DC0D4E77-D749-4477-8673-B654E46360BD.jpeg
    DC0D4E77-D749-4477-8673-B654E46360BD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 0BBDA7ED-916B-46C7-BB00-931495BBEFCE.jpeg
    0BBDA7ED-916B-46C7-BB00-931495BBEFCE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

carl.swoyer

Check the antenna for a bad seal. Also, possibly the ac unit seal ,give the mounting bolts a turn to compress the foam seal.
You can get a water meter at lowes for 50.00 dollars and scan the ceiling for moisture.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Have you gone up on the roof and looked around... this is really dirty water,an internal leak from a pipe should show clean water but there is a possibility the dirty water could be caused by dye from the carpet,as mentioned earlier by Roller 4 tan,, is your w/ d prep in the closet,, If so then I would be looking for a split pipe or connection. Also ,did anything fall on the roof and tear the membrane .

sengli

The clearance lights(yellow) on the front of my last two fivers, were a source of a leak on the front closet area for me. They werent even sealed at all from the factory.

wdk450

Have you had significant rain/snow weather, or just the hard freeze? This might make it easier to decide if it is an exterior leak or a plumbing leak. Does the wetness decrease if you turn off the water pressure??
Can you get a cover or large tarp over most of the outside?

I've got the exact same problem, traced lines under the basement and it took me to the washer dryer connection still trying to find the leak itself but found that area to be very moist, most likely that's where your leak might be if you have the washer/dryer connection in closet like mine
I have the landmark Phoenix edition 2019

I've got the exact same problem, traced lines under the basement and it took me to the washer dryer connection still trying to find the leak itself but found that area to be very moist, most likely that's where your leak might be if you have the washer/dryer connection in closet like mine
I have the landmark Phoenix edition 2019
Found leak water hose connection went bad and was leaking behind washer