Securing Items in a Norcold side-by-side Refrigerator

RVFun4Us

Our Norcold side-by-side AC/propane refrigerator has an interior width of 32 inches. In our previous Bighorn, we used the expandable bars to secure items on the shelves, but that was not a side-by-side. The expandable bars max width is 28 inches. CW and other researched stores do not have anything longer. We used a curtain rod on our last trip but they are not as strong and did not hold a jar of peaches from falling over and knocking the door open, marring the front of the door. So any ideas out there on expandable bars over 28" and where to get them or another way to secure these items?

SNOKING

Thanks that same unit is new to us. I will have to talk to DW and work on a travel plan. Putting things like that in the door pockets would help. Chris

ram_1955

We have similar refrigerator and had problems when opening door after drive everything would come falling out. I have bought and used small round cy retain rods. I adjust them tight to the space and put them about an inch and a half above the shelf they work great for us.

RVFun4Us

"small round cy retain rods"??? What does "cy" stand for?

We have similar refrigerator and had problems when opening door after drive everything would come falling out. I have bought and used small round cy retain rods. I adjust them tight to the space and put them about an inch and a half above the shelf they work great for us.

Domi

Seeing other threads on a similar topic the general concensus was that more beer works very well. Since we do not drink beer I have thought that just packing beer and offering it to the neighbors will work also.

We dont have a big fridge but I have found that packing stuff around items works also. The Watermelon was held on place by cheese chuncks for the trip this weekend. The Watermelon stayed in place even though a cheese chunk flew out when we go parked for the night.
We are also looking towards plastic bins to hold some items.

Have fun,

John

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We use plastic trays in our residential fridge then remove some of them when we set up. DW finds them at TJmaxx fairly cheep' you can find all shapes and sizes.
FridgeBinzDividedDeepTraysAll_x.jpg