Setting up a 2nd Receiver on a Winegard Pathway X2

I recently purchased a 2nd receiver (211z) to go with my Pathway X2. I understand that the second receiver has to be on the same satellite as the primary. However, is there anyway I can program or set up the second receiver so I don't have to rescan for a signal on the second receiver each time that the Primary Receiver changes satellite? Eastern Arc is the default for 2 receivers with the 211's but I need to use Western Arc for my local channels. I spent over 2 hours with Dish once I activated and hooked up the 2nd receiver, not sure if they have good diagnostics for the X2. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Flick

I recently purchased a 2nd receiver (211z) to go with my Pathway X2. I understand that the second receiver has to be on the same satellite as the primary. However, is there anyway I can program or set up the second receiver so I don't have to rescan for a signal on the second receiver each time that the Primary Receiver changes satellite? Eastern Arc is the default for 2 receivers with the 211's but I need to use Western Arc for my local channels. I spent over 2 hours with Dish once I activated and hooked up the 2nd receiver, not sure if they have good diagnostics for the X2. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know if I can be of any help to you because, even though we have the same satellite dish , the Winegard Pathway X2, we have different receivers. You have the 211’s and I have the Wally’s. Similar but a little different.
I’m assuming you’re having no problem getting the main receiver to work properly. I’m going to list a few things that we have found and it may or may not apply to your setup.
#1- be sure the main receiver is hooked up to the main receiver on the dish and the other receiver is hooked to secondary. Now that takes 2 coax cables coming in to your unit.
#2- even though you have 2 receivers, during setup of the main receiver, check of only 1 receiver. This on ours is very important.
#3- pick the part of the country you are in.
#4- be sure that the input for the tv for the secondary receiver is switched to hdmi1 or, like in our case, to Input Tuner/Wally.
I’m certain ours will not let us watch 2 different satellites at the same time. It is something I don’t like
but maybe your receivers will allow it. Don’t know. In order for us to watch a certain channel on the secondary receiver, the main has to be on the same satellite or be turned off.

I don’t know if I can be of any help to you because, even though we have the same satellite dish , the Winegard Pathway X2, we have different receivers. You have the 211’s and I have the Wally’s. Similar but a little different.
I’m assuming you’re having no problem getting the main receiver to work properly. I’m going to list a few things that we have found and it may or may not apply to your setup.
#1- be sure the main receiver is hooked up to the main receiver on the dish and the other receiver is hooked to secondary. Now that takes 2 coax cables coming in to your unit.
#2- even though you have 2 receivers, during setup of the main receiver, check of only 1 receiver. This on ours is very important.
#3- pick the part of the country you are in.
#4- be sure that the input for the tv for the secondary receiver is switched to hdmi1 or, like in our case, to Input Tuner/Wally.
I’m certain ours will not let us watch 2 different satellites at the same time. It is something I don’t like
but maybe your receivers will allow it. Don’t know. In order for us to watch a certain channel on the secondary receiver, the main has to be on the same satellite or be turned off.
Thanks for your response. I have done all of the above. Regarding the COAX, I actually wired in a new COAX for the 2nd receiver. I am able to get a signal on the 2nd receiver, but every time I switch satellites on the Primary, I have to go through the set up process to get the 2nd receiver to find the signal which sometimes takes upward to 10 minutes. I am thinking there should be a way to save the satellites in the 2nd receiver and not go through the set up process.

Oldelevatorman

We got rid of our Pathway. It never seemed to work consistently. Even sent it back to Wineguard and they said it was fine. We bought a second tailgater to have two dishes on the road so we could watch different satellites from the bedroom and living room. The new tailgater works better then the Pathway ever did. We had 2 wallys and they didn’t seem to update software very well so we went back to our old 211’s and we bought 2 hard drives so we could record in both rooms. Here semi-permanently in Tucson we have a permanent dish mounted on our overhang and have our portables for when we go back on the road again at some point. We have recently upgraded to 2 Hoppers. Have heard they don’t work as well traveling, but loving them now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got rid of our Pathway. It never seemed to work consistently. Even sent it back to Wineguard and they said it was fine. We bought a second tailgater to have two dishes on the road so we could watch different satellites from the bedroom and living room. The new tailgater works better then the Pathway ever did. We had 2 wallys and they didn’t seem to update software very well so we went back to our old 211’s and we bought 2 hard drives so we could record in both rooms. Here semi-permanently in Tucson we have a permanent dish mounted on our overhang and have our portables for when we go back on the road again at some point. We have recently upgraded to 2 Hoppers. Have heard they don’t work as well traveling, but loving them now! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input. For a single receiver, I really liked the Pathway. However I am thinking that I am going to have to learn to deal with the re-scanning situation with the Pathway or purchase a second dish. Really don't want to have to tote around a 2nd satellite dish. I guess it is what it is.

cokecan40

Next time hook your second rec up to main with your primary still on. Unplug sec rec re do the setup with rec 2 in till it works the. Just switch them back