Sewer Line Storage

floridarandy

Taking the suggestions of many on this board I built a storage pod for our sewer hose and fittings. We'd been hauling them in a plastic tub in the basement and really wanted to get them out where they were more easily accessible and where they could more easily dry out between uses. The build consists of a 92" 5x5 PVC fence post with caps. The tray inside the post is a piece of PVC rain gutter with a handle which allows the tray easily slide out of the tube thus keeping things from getting "lost" in the post. The tray holds 15 foot Rhinoflex hose with couplers. Inside the bumper on the Sundance I also keep a spare 15' hose and a 5' extension as backup. The post is hung from the bumper supports using stainless threaded rods and hardware. An easy build and a clean and neat solution to a stinky challenge.

Randy

CIMG0007.jpgCIMG0008.jpgCIMG0009.jpgCIMG0010.jpg

oldmannj

Nice build !! Well thought out, and looks great. I do believe my trailrunner will be receiving the same treatment as your Sundance in the near future Thanks for the great tip. ED

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Any worries of it dragging the ground when you encounter a severe grade change? I was thinking of moving it closer to the rear wheels.

Jamie

floridarandy

Jamie - its certainly possible although here in Florida we don't get much "severe grade". Mounting in this location was easy since you have the bumper mount already attached to the frame. Not sure it would have been as easy further up toward the wheel.

floridarandy

also, credit where credit is due. the sewer idea came from:

HERE , and

HERE. In fact Kevin's pictures in this post were the "plans I worked from".

Too many talent folks on this Board that the rest of us only need to "compliment and copy".

Randy

Last edited:

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I see another spring project for me. solves a lot of the messy storage problems with everything in one place