Shore power cord

SteveL

We purchased a 2016 heartland 357 edge in October of last year. We don't do much camping where there is electrical hook ups so we rely on the generator recently we went to the campsite that have full hook ups so we went to plug in the cord and discovered that it is only 15 feet long is this normal on a 39 foot fifth wheel or did the dealer give me the wrong cord I've been trying to research this through the heartland's website and cannot find any specs on the shore power cord. I've decided just to purchase this cord but I've been looking on the Internet and they're anywhere from $100-$300 so not sure if I should take this back to the dealer where I purchased we also purchased the seven-year warranty would this be covered under? Thank you in advance for your reply is Steve Bill L

porthole

Retired
RIVA - that decal on the side of your rig by the front door, sets the standard for the shore power cord.

IIRC:

From the ground up to about 30" (shore power connection) power cord length = 33'
From the ground over 30", power cord length = 35'

danemayer

I'm wondering if somebody switched out the original shore power cord for a 15' cord. If you bought the trailer new, you should ask your dealer.

wdk450

My original cord is about 1/2 the length of my 38 foot trailer. I have mentally noted that it will reach to about the water heater cover for when I am parking at an RV site. If you are just using 30 amps, you can get a 30 amp extension cord at Walmart for about $40.

BTW the position of the utilities pedestal can vary widely at different RV parks. I have extension fresh water hoses, and sewer hoses, along with the 30 amp electrical extension.

SteveL

I'm wondering if somebody switched out the original shore power cord for a 15' cord. If you bought the trailer new, you should ask your dealer.

We did purchase the trailer new and the power cord was not hooked directly to the socket they had it connected to an extension cord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I think Dan hit the nail on the head. I have had three Heartlands (edge TT, North Trail TT, and my Big Horn) and the travel trailer power cords were between 25 and 30 feet and my Big Horn cord is 34 feet (it is on the power reel).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We noticed that the power cord thrown in the basement of our new Big Country wasn't as nice as the Furrion cord we bought with insurance money when our previous rig's cord bit the dust. So we swapped cords, put the new one in our trade-in. I don't recall if they were same length or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk